heat proof decals???

altomari8868

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have seen many cool rigs on the site. Some have some pretty cool logo's or designs on them. Are they a form of a heat proof decal?? Does anyone know if you can order heat proof decals so you can have your logo done on your smoker?
Thanks...

I have seen many cool rigs on the site. Some have some pretty cool logo's or designs on them. Are they a form of a heat proof decal?? Does anyone know if you can order heat proof decals so you can have your logo done on your smoker?
Thanks...
There aren't many vinyls that will survive repeated exposure to 200+ degrees.

The smokers you see that are painted and have cool logos are usually (if not always) double insulated units. Meaning, the exterior skin doesnt get hot. They get quite warm but not hot.

Don't Geer pits have a raised area to letter on, like another piece of metal with spacers?

I would be interested if you find something....

I spoke to my 3M rep today and there are poly vinyls that can withstand up to 700 degrees. I suspect they have to be metallic thermal printed but she's going to send me a spec sheet. I also suspect that it's anything but inexpensive.

I have one on the MOAB that has survived a 500 degree grease fire. :redface:

Not heat proof but it's lasted two yeas now.

found it on Ebay

Automotive vinyl is good for around 200 degrees F for short periods. The adhesive is usually what fails (most are designed to be removed by heat) unless the unit gets hot enough to scorch the actual vinyl. There are some vinyls designed for motocross and racing applications that do a little better.

I don't think you're going to find anything vinyl that will survive on an offset fire box but there may be some options for uninsulated cook chambers.

I'll report back.

Back