Beer & Dr pepper can chickens w/ small pron

D

Derek

Not feeling well this week because I have a viral infection and I didn't get to make my pork butt as well!

anyways the ingredients are blotched out because I have to keep this recipe a secrete until I have first place trophy in hand.

The beer can tasted better. By the way don't let amitures whatch the smoker or you will get burn marks on the food.

833731374_Q5vmK-L.jpg

Some of the ingredients are are blocked out for this event!
833731469_n93DK-M.jpg

Trust me there will be no burn marks on my chickens when I do them for the comp.
833731398_58Nyp-L.jpg

Those are juicy looking birds there Derek....Did you cook them in the Drum Smoker
I didn't do them in the drum barrel yet peppasawce,

I will be doing them in the drum barrel in a week and a half.

Thanks

Derek.

They look like good chickens, I don't see anything amiss with the skin color. I do wonder about using beer can chickens for a comp though.

They look like good chickens, I don't see anything amiss with the skin color. I do wonder about using beer can chickens for a comp though.
Doesn't say anything against the chickens in the rules.

I got them printed out and laminated.

Here's one more not so pretty picture!

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 140
You cooked one on a beer can and the other on a Dr. Pepper can and they tasted different? Same ingredients for both?

Your chickens look great.. By looking at the price tag was it $8 for one chicken or the pair? I'm starting to thing the store's are ripping us off on chicken prices. It's ridiculous that these same store will sell you a rottiserie chicken already cooked cheaper then if I buy one take it home and cook it myself.:mad2: This is one reason I don't buy chicken very often.

Your chickens look great.. By looking at the price tag was it $8 for one chicken or the pair? I'm starting to thing the store's are ripping us off on chicken prices. It's ridiculous that these same store will sell you a rottiserie chicken already cooked cheaper then if I buy one take it home and cook it myself.:mad2: This is one reason I don't buy chicken very often.
Yup they were $8 for the pair at samsclub, So not too terribly bad.

Derek, I like the look of the chickens and I am sure they they tasted good. In a competition, you are expected to provide 6 pieces in a turn in box. They have to look good and sit in a nice presentation in the box. I think you are going to have a challenge getting a good presentation, particularly turning in 3 different cuts in pairs. Go with your gut, but, for a comp, I think you are choosing a uphill path.

Back