Smokey Chicken Soup....So It Begins...

I'd like a big bowl of that soup please.:-D That's a hitter right there!
I'll have one sitting on the table for you when I get home tonight.
You bring the Crackers, Please...:biggrin:

Your soup looks great. My wife is a bit of a soupoligist and uses drippings created in the smoker to compliment most any soup.
So, your smoky soup should be off the hook!

You know those Royal Magical Rare Mexican Kaskaskian Peppers do the trick every time. See I knew when I sent the super-sized bag it would force you to find other uses for the peppers. Rumor has it the played a role in the discovery of the H1N1 vaccine...... Good job can wait to hear the out come. Any Cherry butter left? Have you tried anyof the other jars? Did Mrs N8 get any of the vaniller peaches. I need to get there before the end of the month. They have a pumpkin patch the close in November for the season.

Night Three....Soups On!!!!

Stopped by the market on the way home and picked up some heavy cream, sour cream and Saltines (Bob, where you at?) Got the pot out of the Fridge and back onto the stove top for the third time....
Look at how thick it has gotten since last night...The Noodles have released their starches into the Broth and worked their Magic.....
Soup_15.jpg

Scooped out the first official Bowl without the Heavy Cream....
First_Cup_14.jpg

Slight hint of Hickory Smoke, not overpowering, with subtle tastes of the blended herbs, and cooked vegetables, packing definite heat from the peppers to the back of the palate, down the gullet with sinus clearing properties... Delightful:-D
The next bowl or, rather three, I added a Double Shot glass of Heavy Cream along with a spoonful of Sour Cream...Mighty Delightful.
Sorry, no pix of those, too busy, Nomnomnomnomnomnom...:biggrin:
I think I'm going to leave the Soup Pot Mixture as is and adjust each individual serving to taste.
Cathy said," It is pretty good but, a little too spicy for my delicate, sensitive, flower goddess like being.." Ok...I made some of that up on the fly.....
Womern!!!!:biggrin:
I'm going to Freeze six quarts to have during the colder months, and take some to work tomorrow to share with my pals there....
All in all I consider this a total success and will do it this way again...

Thanx for the comments and checking out my pix.....

Wow, that is one hell of a bowl of soup!
A little word of warning when it comes to freezing soups with noodles though. Last year I spent two days making what I thought was chicken noodle soup nirvana. It really did come out good, but I froze it with the cooked noodles. When I thawed and re-heated it, the noodles broke down into what could best be described as "mush".
If I had to do it over again, I would have frozen everything except the noodles, then just cooked fresh noodles with the soup when I reheated it. You might want to consider doing the same thing and removing the noodles before you freeze it. Up to you though, that soup looks awesome!

Wow, that is one hell of a bowl of soup!
A little word of warning when it comes to freezing soups with noodles though. Last year I spent two days making what I thought was chicken noodle soup nirvana. It really did come out good, but I froze it with the cooked noodles. When I thawed and re-heated it, the noodles broke down into what could best be described as "mush".
If I had to do it over again, I would have frozen everything except the noodles, then just cooked fresh noodles with the soup when I reheated it. You might want to consider doing the same thing and removing the noodles before you freeze it. Up to you though, that soup looks awesome!

Saiko, thanks for the insight, I hadn't considered the possibilty of the fragile nature of the egg noodles breaking down in the freezing/thawing cycle.
I will indeed, heed your advice and remove the noodles before hand...

Saiko, thanks for the insight, I hadn't considered the possibilty of the fragile nature of the egg noodles breaking down in the freezing/thawing cycle.
I will indeed, heed your advice and remove the noodles before hand...

That happens to us everytime we try to freeze noodles. Also happens with the cabbage in peasant soup

Man, that looks great!
Love the color of those birds!:mrgreen:
Got any soup left to send a Wichita Brother??

Oh yeah..........Sawweeeettt!! Nice and thick and soupy! Now, I'm thinking I'm might bring along some good crust bread or maybe some sourdough. What think?:wink:

Oh yeah..........Sawweeeettt!! Nice and thick and soupy! Now, I'm thinking I'm might bring along some good crust bread or maybe some sourdough. What think?:wink:

N8 has made hot oil for hot crusty bread. I would good that route! N8 that looks wonderful..... I wish I was there to help you with the remains...

I'd be glad to share my Soup with all y'all, but it takes FireWater to get in the Door....:biggrin:

Any Cherry butter left? Have you tried any of the other jars? Did Mrs N8 get any of the vaniller peaches..
No Peaches for Cathy, before I knew it, they were gone...:biggrin:

N8 has made hot oil for hot crusty bread. I would good that route! N8 that looks wonderful..... I wish I was there to help you with the remains...
That Royal Rare Magical Mexican Kaskaskian Pepper Oil is the stuff, Man!!!
Mighty good for crusty bread dipping....Thanx again Marty...
I got you a bowl sitting right beside Bob's at the kitchen table. Perhaps when y'all get here, y'all could talk about that Angus Beef...:p I hear Bob's interested in some....Lol!!!!

Back