Pork Shots?!?! Haven't Seen These Ever

R

rcbaughn

Seems not a lot of folks do these but they look better than ABT's to me! Anyone cook them up here? They may be the new wave of stuff to hit the grill. I was blew away by how good they look.

Here's a picture for those who haven't seen them like me. They are some kind of sausage wrapped in bacon and filled with cream cheese and topped with brown sugar. Just got this image off Google BTW but it's from someone's post here.

IMG_0556.jpg

They are called pork shots and they have been around for awhile. The first time I saw them was on a different site but he posts on here sometimes as well, goes by SQUIB. They are tasty snacks and they go fast.

They're delicious, I make them pretty often after seeing them on here a couple years ago. They were called "pig shots" then.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to make them last year but had bad luck. I don't know if my sausage was too big ( :p ) on my bacon was too small. But they didn't stay in that nice little cup shape :tsk:

I have been cooking those for awhile now. They go faster than the ABTs do! Very tasty, I don't do the cream cheese on them though. Fill the top in with a little bit of rub and lay on some brown sugar and you're golden!

They are called pork shots and they have been around for awhile. The first time I saw them was on a different site but he posts on here sometimes as well, goes by SQUIB. They are tasty snacks and they go fast.

Yeah??? How about that... Man, those "Pork Shots" are cool:clap::clap::clap:

Cheers!

Bill

Oh, by the way....I've heard them called "pig shots", and "pork shots" both.
There's an epic thread around here with step by step and lots of pictures, but I can't find it.

Oh, by the way....I've heard them called "pig shots", and "pork shots" both.
There's an epic thread around here with step by step and lots of pictures, but I can't find it.

Awesome... when you find it, let me know!!!:biggrin1:

I'll be in the PB waiting for Ash to bring in the booze...:icon_smile_tongue:

Cheers!

Bill

Yessir! Pork shots are one of the best things to ever cross the grate of my WSM...

I cooked up a bunch of them for a party last summer and everyone loved them. I'm going to have to do another batch here real soon.

Can one of the brothers that makes them give us a short instruction on how to assemble the ingredients, I got the bacon wrap & skewer part but unsure of the innards?

Last edited:
Looks good to me . but of course i do i do i do love bacon

I renamed mine crack cause they are addicting and when I make them with cream cheese on top I call them crack head. I love them.

Back