My favorite lump

DubfromGA

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I've used a bunch of different brands of lump but am sold on this stuff.

20130121_123410.jpg

Big pieces that burn steady

20130121_123548.jpg

My number one reason.....

My girls approve of it

20130121_145623.jpg

yea, problem with charcoal of any kind is that its regional.
as to the gals, bet they are pointing out to you that you are not using it to cook at the moment.

They always get a the first cut off my grillins.

I put the coals there so I'd remember it in the morning....taking my grill on the road.

Best stuff I have used so far. Nothing even comes close. Its "Wicked Good" pisser.

Best stuff I've used, but not so sure that it's worth the increase of price over Royal Oak.

I went in on a W G pallet buy.It is decent.The BEST I ever tried (for the price)is Ozark Oak.It is all I use now.$.30/lb. and will hold it's own with any brand (including W G) and outshine most.I do buy it by the pallet and pick it up at the manufacturer.

I've been using WG lately and I gotta say I really like it. A lot. I can get B&B Oak at the grocery store nearby and I've been grabbing WG ship-to-store whenever I find out about a discount (anyone know of any?). I've been stocking up - I'm kind of in lump heaven!

Anyway, I've been very impressed with the WG lump - great stuff!

I went in on a W G pallet buy.It is decent.The BEST I ever tried (for the price)is Ozark Oak.It is all I use now.$.30/lb. and will hold it's own with any brand and outshine most.I do buy it by the pallet and pick it up at the manufacturer.

If I could get Ozark Oak at a decent price, I'd be farking thrilled. I tried a couple bags I ordered over the 'net just to check it out and loved it, but the shipping makes it not doable cost-wise. It'd be great to be able to score that stuff locally - that's some great stuff.

I just started using it... Like it... Pops like crazy at first, though. Also have a Big Easy.
(Noticed you do too.)

Strange....

Haven't had it pop on me yet.

The Big Easy gets used at work a good bit. I've carried there along with a buddy and we've cooked turkeys, butts and chicken on it. Ridiculously simple to use.

I've tried ribs, but want do that again. Smoking them on the Akorn is too much fun and flavorful.

I just bought my first bag of Royal Oak a few days ago. I've been pleased with the Cowboy, so I'm hoping this is like heaven! :loco:

I just bought my first bag of Royal Oak a few days ago. I've been pleased with the Cowboy, so I'm hoping this is like heaven! :loco:

I've had spotty results from Cowboy. Never seen much in the way of trash in it....just a couple bags that were mostly tiny pieces. They could have been the results of poor handling, though.

I've never had an complaints with the RO, I've used, either.

I'll stay with this WG WW, though.

What I should do is get a couple large Rubbermaid tubs where I can dump it out and sort it by size. There are times when smallish chunks are just fine....just depends on what I'm cooking.

While I'm at it I'll get a couple of bins for the different woods I like, too.:thumb:

Back