View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

The problem is that our definition of BBQ and what the average consumer considers BBQ are vastly different.

While we enjoy the smoked meats ability to stand on it's own merit, the average consumer considers good BBQ to be in the sauce.

A local BBQ Restaurant opened up nearby and I took the family there, while they used fancy serving plates and upscale style decor, there was no smoke flavor to the meats. Brisket and Pulled Pork were cooked to perfection but lacked any slight hint of smoke altogether, as if they were cooked in the oven, and the side dishes were served cold. I thought this would be a better restaurant because he competes under the "Brethren" logo.

He has responded to my complaint so I will make another visit in the near future.

I've been to many BBQ restaurants only to be disappointed time after time and never return due to the disappointment.

We eat out 3 times a week and we have never chosen to return to any local BBQ Restaurant either informal or upscale. Seems like a tough sell to the multitude of consumers due to what they are prepared to expect.

Sadly the only BBQ I buy is from a few guys who set up in an old parking lots selling from their smokers and wrapping it in butcher paper. This type of vendor seems to be the only ones who appear to take pride in their cooking and end product.

Last edited by IamMadMan; 12-27-2012 at 12:55 PM..
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->