Thread: KCBS Pork Rule
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 02:25 PM   #85
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
I go to the banquet every year. The times for the meetings are not very doable.. Having it on a Friday requires teams to be there on a Thursday. At over $100 a night for a room, it does get a bit expensive. Let's face it, they have never been well attended. But neither has the banquet. But to run with something because a vocal minority shows up? Not sure if that is right either.

And this is by no means pointing a finfer.These times, have been going on for a long time. It is nothing new or nothing new for this BOD.
We did not just go by the people at the banquet. I've heard from many many cooks that they would like to see the parting/no returning to the cooker rule go away. We asked for input via the website and the bullsheet. I personally asked for input from facebook and a couple of forums. A large majority of the people I heard from wanted to do away with the parting rule.....Now I admit since we passed the new rule we have heard from people that don't want the rule changed. But I've still heard from more people that want the new rule.

I would bet money that we did more due diligence on this rule then has ever been done for a KCBS rule in the past. We asked and received input from many many cooks. We will never get everybody to agree so we have to go with the majority.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->