• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2 brisket points getting ready to be Pastrami

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
You are looking at 11lbs of brisket point that has been cured, de-salinated and rubbed. Tomorrow I will smoke them till they are about 170 IT and then foil/steam them with a little beef broth until they are tender (about 195 IT) Yum, Pastrami! Can't wait. I like to rub them the night before. Oh, I got them for $1.99/lb and felt like a robber....

I never understood why anyone would not use the "point cut" to make Pastrami.

I approve of this message.

Nice job! Lookin' good.. can't wait to see the slices after smoked. You stole them at $1.99/lb. If I run across a deal like that.. my freezer is gonna be full of points.

What do you mean by desalinated? I would like to learn to make pastrami. Getting tired of paying 6.50 /lb for it.

What do you mean by desalinated? I would like to learn to make pastrami. Getting tired of paying 6.50 /lb for it.

Join the forum here. There are lots of threads, including mine, on how to make Pastrami. I learned from Thirdeye and then did some mod's. Not hard to do but it comes out awesome.

I never understood why anyone would not use the "point cut" to make Pastrami.

I approve of this message.

Because of the high fat(flavor) content. With all the slow smoking and steaming...the fat turns in to uughy googhy juicy goodness. In my book defines really good Pastrami.

My last Pastrami was made from points as well. They were excellent.
Looks good Marty! Can't wait to see the finished results.

WOW Marty... those almost look good enough to eat as is (raw). Look forward to seeing the end result :) So, which one of your cookers get the pleasure of cooking those bad-boys?

WOW Marty... those almost look good enough to eat as is (raw). Look forward to seeing the end result :) So, which one of your cookers get the pleasure of cooking those bad-boys?

Those are on the Large Egg right now.

Looks fantastic. I have to try this. Tired of paying 11.99 for Boars Head.

Back