View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
Merlinspop
Got Wood.

Default Sunday cook for wife's baby shower, with pron

Well, it turned out pretty good, for a rookie attempt. At least judging by the amount of leftovers, I guess they liked it. I used 14 pounds of boneless pork shoulder for the pulled pork, a 10 pound brisket (flat only - couldn't find a packer on Friday), and 2 links of Polish Kielbasa. We had 16 people and there were maybe 2 pounds of pork left and half that of beef. I also made a double batch of Dutch's baked beans, with a small Gladware container left. Went on at 9:30 pm Saturday night, foiled at 5 am, removed at 10 am.

Plain Fattie - Jimmy Dean Original. Since I got up at 5am to foil anyway, I threw on a fatty for breakfast.

Pork: Came out pretty well.

Brisket: I left it on too long and the slices wouldn't hold up, so I chopped it. While I was disappointed, everyone else said it was great. Still moist, which was good.

Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans: I used crushed pineapple instead of chunks, and yellow mustard instead of ground seeds, with 3 jalapenos (seeded). Could have been spicier for me, but wanted to keep it mild for the group. It did provide an excellent excuse to go buy a cast iron dutch oven. Cooked on the Weber with indirect heat and hickory chips the day before and then refrigerated overnight, then reheated in the oven. Pic taken before reheating.

All in all, I think it was a good pile of eats.

Thanks for looking!

Thanks from:--->