First turn in box/pic

Blanton

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
This is my first turn in box. Am I close?
DSC_9428.jpg

looks alot better than my first turn in box. sauce looks a little heavy to me But other than that I would eat em

I wish my first ribs turn in box looked like that. Looks great and the only advice I would give is clean up the parsley on the sides to make it more uniformed, but that's being picky. I agree with Tack that it looks a little heavy on the sauce, but that could just be the pic. I would say you're off to a good start and I love the color.

I give it an 8. The bones look burned at the bottom.

If the bottom half of the box looked like the top...it gets a 9.

Thanks guys, you did confirm what I was thinking. Close, but not quite. I plan on changing my rub because I have found the color to get to dark to soon. Foiling earlier than I want is costing me some flavor

Could you turn one rib side ways to show off the smoke ring and side of the rib?... yeah-yeah I know they don't judge smoke ring... but we all know it looks good in the box.

solid 8! Looks good. the bones may be a bit thin and that is one thing that makes me not wanna jump on it as hard... but for your first box it looks great.

Looks good to me. I'm no judge but I'd expect at least a 7 for that if not higher. The sauce looks just a little too thick but I've seen worse. I try to hit the cut sides of my ribs with a very light glaze of thinned sauce so they don't look too dry.

Back