Cyber Q?

Hozman

Take a breath!
Reaction score
what exactly does the output percentage read?

My first cook last week started at 100% and eventually dropped to about 85%

Right now and this whole cook it has shows 0%. Just got it to temp.

It's an indication of the fan speed. 100% is full on, 0% is off.

From the CyberQ Wifi manual...

TIP: During your cook if you notice the output percentage hanging around 80-100% for a long time, you may be running out of charcoal. If you notice the output % hanging around 10% for a long time and the temperature is oscillating you may want to close the blower damper adjustment slightly for better control.

well that can't be good cause it should be on cause now that I closed my 1 vent losing temp.....

any suggestion as what to maybe try?

Is the temp below your set point? What's the prop band setting?

prop band at 30*....outside it is 25...

the temp went up to 275* with my one vent open. when I hit temp I closed my 1 vent and temp started falling. Got to 258* so I went and opened intake again.

You really shouldn't have to open a vent. The Prop band may be to wide. The prop band is the range of temps where the fan will go on and off. So if your set point is 250, and the prop band is 30, the fan will go on and off from 220 to 280. If the temp drops below 220 then it will be full on. The BBQ Guru folks recommend a setting of 25, but it is pit dependent.

Also, since the temp is responding when you open the vent, it seems that the fire isn't getting enough air. Where is the Guru fan damper set? Maybe open it a little more?

guru damper is open full. I changed the prop band to 25.

This thing worked flawlessly last week.

To confirm if fan is working could I drop prop band to say 5-close vent and fan should start soon as I hit 269 correct?

ok I dropped prop band to 5 and soon as temp hit 269 fan started working.

So for explanation in my own words. If you want internal temp at 250 and prop band set at 25 as suggested then anything over 250 fan will not run. 249-225 fan will run a % and 224 and below will run at 100%?

ok I dropped prop band to 5 and soon as temp hit 269 fan started working.

So for explanation in my own words. If you want internal temp at 250 and prop band set at 25 as suggested then anything over 250 fan will not run. 249-225 fan will run a % and 224 and below will run at 100%?

That's my understanding, with a slight correction. Between 225 and 250 the fan my pulse on and off at a percentage, not necessarily run all of the time at a percentage.

Back