View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
markrvp
Full Fledged Farker

Default Jambo Backyard vs. Horizon Marshal vs. Lang

I am long-term planning for an offset smoker to use for my own enjoyment. I'm not competing and likely won't move it much if at all. I've looked at offset smokers at sporting good stores that are in the $400-$600 range and I just feel they aren't the quality that I would enjoy. It seems around $2000 is the entry point for an offset smoker with a 24" diameter chamber that's 4' long or so. I want something made of heavy enough steel and air tight so that regulating temp won't be that tough.

I have suspected (hoped) that the Jambo Backyard smoker at $1895 would be a really high quality smoker. That's the base price... what options are available and what realistically is the "out the door" price? I've also seen the Horizon Marshal Backyard which has roughly the same measurements. The Lang 48" patio is the same size chamber, but with reverse flow and a smaller firebox.

Is there another smoker I should be considering? Anybody know if one of these is more fuel efficient than the other or easier to control temps? What other considerations am I missing?

Thanks from:--->