Brisket butcher paper and temps

Thespanishgrill

Knows what a fatty is.
Morning all,

Going to try a little brisket on the wsm today and wanted to try the butcher paper wrap. I got some from my local store butcher and it has wax on one side can i use that or do I need unwaxed ?
Final question is at what temp does the paper catch fire, I do well enough burning food without help thank you very much.

Cheers and happy smoking weekend !

Today is the day I conquer the brisket !! .. i hope. . . :tape:

checked that site, thank you by the way. Is 24 wide enough as they have a 30 but it only comes in white. Why do you prefer the red ?

Thanks

I use parchment paper also cuz Walmart has it but no butcher paper-- I had if stick to Brisket but it was on charred fat cap so no biggie.

checked that site, thank you by the way. Is 24 wide enough as they have a 30 but it only comes in white. Why do you prefer the red ?

Thanks
Just in terms of storage 24" was all I could really get. But I've haven't had a problem with it being too small. And even if I did, you can overlap them and have almost double the width.

This stuff I have with the wax on the one side, could I wrap the brisket on the paper side or would the wax cause some other unhealthy issue.

I got my butcher paper at smart and final. I believe its 24 inches. I just overlap if I need to. About 15 bucks a roll.

Back