High Plains Sunday Wings - Korean & Jamaican - Pr0n included!

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I get the feeling that gtr and I have a problem. We're both addicted to good quality chicken wings... or so I've read. There's hardly a weekend (usually Sunday night) that goes by that I don't grill up some bird.

1/2 dusted with S & P and the other 1/2 dusted with Wicken Yanks Wings Dry Rub: Thanks to some kind, anonymous Brethren, the Vortex continues to provide some intense indirect heat to crisp these babies up. Oh, and that's a bit of pecan over the top of the Vortex.

2017-06-11%2017.17.41_zpspxsl9bot.jpg

This weekend, we decided to whip up a couple of flavors that we haven't had in a while: Jamaican Jerk and Korean Kimchi.

I can't get CINCHOUSE to share her Jamaican Jerk recipe... sorry. It's not going to happen. That said, it's amazing with a squeeze of fresh lime.

2017-06-11%2017.44.26_zpseznppqfh.jpg

Kimchi Wings Recipe

Salt & Pepper your chicken wings - cook 'em on the kettle at high heat (seriously, at least 350-400F for crispiness).

Please note, I typically double the sauce below... heck, triple it. It's good.
Meanwhile, combine these in a pan. Melt the butter, then sweat/sautee the garlic and ginger a minute.

1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger,

Add the following, stir a bit to combine, then turn down the heat (or off) until your wings are done. Taste it to make sure you're happy. I usually end up adding some more pepper paste and garlic.

1 tablespoon hot pepper paste
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil

(Turn the heat back on)
Toss (gently, as to keep the sauce in the pan) the chicken wings in the sauce to coat.

sesame seeds,
garnish scallions, garnish

2017-06-11%2017.23.19_zpsynkrlqih.jpg

2017-06-11%2017.43.53_zpsyhd5sms8.jpg

Plated shot for the photo finish:

2017-06-11%2017.51.03_zpsuibhs313.jpg

Nice wings there Marc. I need to make some up soon...

Looking good brother! I'm going to have to try out one of those Vortexs.

Wow those look outstanding! Very nice, Marc!

I see noting wrong with having wings on a regular basis!

Look really good Marc :)

Well your chook looks great, I could go some right now

Wings are definitely a go to food any time any place... nice job.

Back