World MOINK Ball Day, Ronelle Style :)

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We celebrated World MOINK Ball at the LP Que 2 competition in Knoxville, IA. We made 128 MOINK balls and passed them out to all of the teams! We introduced quite a few first-timers to the wonders of the MOINK ball, including at least one other Brother who was a MOINK virgin! I would say that we shared MOINK Ball love with at least 80 people. Several folks came back to our site later in the evening to see if we had any left and some were still thanking us for the MOINK Ball the next morning!

The MOINK Balls before cooking...
P9120153.JPG

P9120155.JPG

Did I mention that we rubbed them with Plowboy BBQ Yardbird Rub? (The official MOINK Ball rub of Captain Ron!)

Putting the MOINK Balls on the Memphis Pro...
P9120156.JPG

A full grill! They cooked at 275 for about 90 minutes.
P9120159.JPG

Me wearing my official World MOINK Ball Day t-shirt and a full tray of MOINK Ball Love!
P9120160.JPG

The finished MOINK Balls. Served with some Russ and Franks Sassy Sauce for dipping.
P9120161.JPG

Very cool!!:clap2: BTW....was this cleared with the President of the Moink Ball Society??:p

Last edited:
Very cool, bro.

How long did it take you to make yours? It took me about 20 minutes from start to finish.

Very cool!!:clap2: BTW....was this cleared with the President of the Moink Ball Society??:p

I have the inside track with IMBAS Counsel Ginger, so if the Pres gives me any trouble, he better watch out! -:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalke

Very cool, bro.

How long did it take you to make yours? It took me about 20 minutes from start to finish.

I really don't know how long it took to prep them. Parsley Lady and I sat outside and just did them together. Cooking was 90 minutes or so at 270.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your MOINKS were a real hit with everyone Ron, thanks so much for sharing. It was a great tribute to MOINK Appreciation Day!

Your MOINKS were a real hit with everyone Ron, thanks so much for sharing. It was a great tribute to MOINK Appreciation Day!

Thanks, Don! It was great to see you guys again! Are you cooking at either State Center or Marshaltown?

Nice MOINK! Hope you did well at the event, also.

We didn't win, which is always the goal, but we were happy with our results. This competition was limited to pellet cookers and gas cookers and attracted a lot of top competition cooks as well as some big name caterers and restaurants. We ended up with 7th in chicken, 7th in ribs, 5th in the fruit category and 8th overall.

I wish I woulda remembered to order my shirt. But, since I did mine alone (The Missus was at work) and in the rain (no neighbors out to impress) I guess it didn't matter

So if you shared your balls with all these people, does that make you a MOINK Swinger of sorts?:becky: Your balls look mighty tasty Ron, if I do say so meself! I'd hit your balls any day!!:becky:

We introduced quite a few first-timers to the wonders of the MOINK ball, including at least one other Brother who was a MOINK virgin!

I was the MOINK virgin!! Thanks again for popping my MOINK cherry Ron. Those were some seriously tasty balls!

Congrats on your calls this weekend! Tough crowd in Knoxville. See you in M-town in a few weeks!

Hey Ron, please don't let Bob hit your balls!
Great job, my friend!

Remind me to wear a cup if I ever have a chance to meet Bob in person :rolleyes:

I was the MOINK virgin!! Thanks again for popping my MOINK cherry Ron. Those were some seriously tasty balls!

Congrats on your calls this weekend! Tough crowd in Knoxville. See you in M-town in a few weeks!

I was trying to protect your identity :becky: See you in a couple of weeks.

Thanks, Don! It was great to see you guys again! Are you cooking at either State Center or Marshaltown?

Ron, we decided over the weekend that we'll be cooking at Marshaltown. Hope to see you there.

Back