Double Barrel Ugly Drum Smoker! Build Pics

Thats an awesome idea! I think im gonna have to build me one of them! Killer job!

yes I can control each side with a damper on the smoke stack. By controlling the draw I can control heat from one side to the other. As well as close the damper on one side completly and cook on the other. It seems to be pretty darn versatile so far and thanks to finding the formulas and such for my openings it all worked out. Thanks for all the kind words everybody. I have to give credit to my best friend Mike for coming in mid build and taking care of a lot of the welding for me. He just welds nicer than I do and I can admit it.

Internal temp 150 can't wait!

Attachments

• Burbank-20120823-00339.jpg
    Burbank-20120823-00339.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 688
That is nice, and I can see a lot of thought went in to it. The temps seem great and enough space to cook for an army. Well done.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Wouldn't it be a lot more fuel efficient to have adjustable openings on either side of firebox into the barrels, so when you want to cook on one side, you can close off the other side at the firebox?

Or have one side of the firebox closeable, and always use the other side for smaller cooks?

Very nice machine! Well done.
Now, just hope you don't have to move too often....

Bravo. I am standing up at my desk clapping my hands.

That thing is stellar!

Thanks alot all of you. As to having a way to block off the firebox from side to side when I close the damper on one side the tem guages on the shut side barely get over 100 deg. I am not loosing really any heat with one shut down. I just tested this today on my first cook with it. Worked like a champ. I can't believe how frugal it is with the wood. I have had it at 250 deg for about 9 hrs on less than a wheel barrow load of wood. Holds temp really well and adjusts quickly to any change you make. Really makes for an easy to use smoker.

I will be adding a blower to it in the near future as soon as I figure out how to configure the temp probes for two seperate cooking chambers. May take two seperate systems just connected to one blower. Not sure yet but I will figure it out soon.

Back