View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:01 AM   #22
Wampus
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye View Post
Holy cross contamination Batman, did you see Craig rub those chicks?
I thought the exact same thing. I was wondering if he was just gonna chuck the bucket o rub after prepping the birds or not. I see that kind of stuff all the time on both TV and on the comp circuit and always wonder how it gets missed. People just don't seem to get that when you put on a pair of gloves it's not some magical barrier that doesn't cross-contaminate. You STILL have to be concsious of what you're handling even if you have gloves on.

I was at a comp once where a guy put on gloves, made beef hamburger patties, cooked them and then proceeded to sit down and EAT the burger WITH THE GLOVES STILL ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyPigBbq View Post
When they brought out the band saw I started to glance over at my wife and she instantly responded, "no freaking way dont even get any ideas...."

When I saw the band saw, my first thought was........now if they didn't know what they were cooking, HOW did they know to bring THAT? Perhaps they just brought the whole restaurant just in case, but.....?