Green Chiles Pr0n

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm working on getting back to grilling and bbqing after a couple of weeks off. Here is a great recipe for grilled green chili peppers.

Wash the peppers and put them on a hot grill. This is a mix of anaheim, poblano, and jalapeno peppers.

picture.php

Let the peppers char all around.

picture.php

Move and roll the peppers around to make sure the skin starts to blister all over.

picture.php

Once the skin is well blistered, put the peppers in a plastic bag for 5 to 10 minutes to soften up the skin further.

picture.php

Remove the skin, give the peppers a chop or slice them up, saute them in butter and garlic or olive oil and garlic with salt and pepper. I used granulated garlic on these.

picture.php

Serve on hamburgers, hot dogs, with steak, or anything else.

picture.php

Grilled green chiles sauteed in olive oil with sliced garlic and served with a good steak is about one of the best things you can put in your mouth, IMO. So, if you haven't tried this, stop depriving yourself.

Thanks for looking.

YOU THA MAN!!! I love those things!!! doin fajitas this sat nite I will do a batch of those to go along ... thanks man!:thumb:

Thanks, brethren. These things are delicious and addictive. BTW - for anyone wanting to try these and want to tailor the heat, keep in mind that the mildest to hottest chiles are Anaheim, Poblano, Jalapeno, Serrano, and the hottest Habanero. Removing the seeds can help cut back on the heat too. But, I love jalapeno peppers and have made this dish using only jalapenos and it's delicious. I rarely remove the seeds and only do it when company is coming over.

Chiles rule :thumb: Those look great, and it's a perfect tutorial on roasting peppers. Thanks!

Very similar to what I do except I do them on my BGE and put the peppers down in coals. Fun and quite pretty. Same result I am sure but it looks pretty nice. Great job.
roastingpeppers.jpg

I picked up a few different hot peppers tonight and I'm going to give it a shot one night this week. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!!

I grilled a few peppers on the SJS tonight, poblano, jalapeno, and Hungarian banana peppers. I ate them with a fresh baked roll. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! Thanks for the idea.

Back