How to spot a Weber Kettle observannce..

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
I just wanted to pass along some info in spotting a Weber Kettle or for that matter most any kind of pit smoker. So here we go on my observances:

1. Brinkman pretty plentiful to find
  2. Weber 18.5" Kettles they are out there
  3. Weber 22.5" Kettle can be found (Usually a couple a Year)
  4. WSM almost impossible 18.5! 22.5 are too new.

What I have found is that most are found:

1. On Big Trash days
  2. The eve before on trash days at the curb.
  3. Most plentiful during the spring and fall when people are starting to grill and get a new one or cleaning out the garage for winter and tossing the grill..:shock:
  4. Houses that are for-sale....
  5. Apartment complexes usually last day or two of the month when rent is due. Sometimes a day or two into the month.
  6. Near college towns in early May right before graduation
  7. Not to many at garage sales but Estate sales where everything must go you might find something but rarely.
If you do have some cash keep an eye out on Craiglist for something called out as "BBQ PIT" What I found that the possibility increases when somebody does not know what they have. They label "BBQ PIT" ( I got a WSM for 40.00 this way.

Reuseit.com you seee more 18.5 kettles but 22.5 or out there. Everyone feel free to add your experiences!

As founding member of Weber's for life I must ask that you reallocate whenever possible. Keep your eye out and you will find one. I will be sure keep looking for deserving Brethren/ Sisterin...

Good advise, but these are few and far between around this area. If they do show up they are usually over priced.

I am always searching craigslist. I spotted a garage sale lastnight that started today. They listed a Weber charcoal grill with side table. I was thinking Performer but my gut was saying Platinum. I stopped by this morning on my way to work. Sure enough, next to the garage sat a blue Platinum. Too bad they wanted $150 :mmph: No sale from me.

Find your local metal dump and do a drive-by daily, I have gotten 4 Weber's since April alone this way.

My newest Weber is a Blue one touch- my dad found it in the dumpster at the condo plex they live in. Grate was shot, but the rest of it is beautiful! I love the ash catcher(which I have marveled over for years).
The best Webers to own, are ones that are rescued...

Back