Anyone have a Vitamix?

I chose the Blendtec over the Vitamix for the same reason plus the 3hp motor. Not like 2hp Vitamix motor isn't enought but still :biggrin1:

Those hp ratings are bogus. they measure the peak starting current then convert that to hp. marketing hipe

Anybody else getting Vitamix banner ads? :shocked:

Google Ad Services delivers ads based on keywords you enter both on and off this forum that are plugged into their advertisers, which basically means you could be seeing ads for everything from diapers to spas to blenders.

We have a Blendtec for almost 2 years, awesome for smothies, soups, salsas, ..etc, worth every pennie in my opinion

So what is the reality?

The horsepower rating means nothing to me. Any food pressing machine with this type of torque, will do wonders pulverizing foods. I could have purchased the vitamix, but I decided to give the Blendtec a try instead.
[ame]http://youtu.be/qg1ckCkm8YI[/ame]

I use my vitamix/prep for everything including ketchup, basically the most versatile piece of equipment in my kitchen. I say pull the trigger

I was in Costco yesterday and I was very impressed with the Vitamix. I know it's very pricey but I really liked it. Does anyone have one and if you do what do you think of it and what do you make with it. Thanks

Back