So yesterday while rain was rustin the new uds

firecracker jack

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Yesterday, while I watched the steady rain rust up the exterior of my newly constructed UDS, I was checking out all of these great threads featuring pics of great lookin' steaks! So while I was out this morn lookin' for somethin to put on the Uds to try her out I found these T-bones on sale...Then I was torn!...Smokin' on the new UDS?...Or grillin steaks on the old chargriller?...
So anyways, I wanted a nice day just to kick back in the shade and watch how the UDS performed the first couple of times I use her, and it was about 95* here today with about the same level of humidity...Too hot for me. So I settled on another day to smoke the baby-backs and 6lb butt, and decided to grill the steaks, some local farm fresh corn, a couple of bbq'd potatoes, and some smoke roasted blueberry-peach cobbler...
I don't remember exactly who posted the steak threads(there were a couple), but I wanted to say thanks...these worked out real well!

Sorry again for some of the photo's

008-5.jpg

004-3.jpg

011-4.jpg

012-2.jpg

013-2.jpg

015-1.jpg

024-3.jpg

026-2.jpg

027-2.jpg

029-1.jpg

WOW those were some solid pieces of flesh! Where do you get such thick steaks?

I bet its half impossible to get steaks like that in CA.

Nice pics.

Belive it or not,(cause it doesn't take me long to get fed up and leave the store after lookin' at meat prices there) Mejiers. I actually found a good deal there...I was suprised...

looks good, and I gotta say that cobbler got the attention of my sweet tooth. Care to share the recipe?

WOW those were some solid pieces of flesh! Where do you get such thick steaks?

I bet its half impossible to get steaks like that in CA.

Nice pics.
there's a few, we have a butcher here in HB called Beef Palace that cuts em like that, good stuff but pricey. I remember someone saying there was a good butcher in Garden Grove but cant recall the name. I have even found steaks like that at Albertsons occasionally...

Sure man!...Nothin fancy just another Steven Raichlin thing...Tastes pretty good though...
2 pints blueberries
3 ripe peaches-diced
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
mix all ingreadients in bowl and put into glass baking dish...coat dish with cooking spray...

For topping:
1/2 cup gingersnap crumbs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
6 tablespoons butter
1 pinch salt
combine gingersnap crumbs, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of flour in food processor...process until a coarse powder forms ...add salt and butter and pulse until the mixture is coarse and crumbly...Put topping on top of blueberry mixture....Indirect grill at med high(350 ish) for about 40 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and top is golden brown

Mmm That all looks so good, nice grill marks on the steaks.
We have a Super Market here in SW Florida called Albertsons, They have cut steaks behind glass, and if you want something thicker, the Butcher will cut to order, and every week they have a different steak on sale, Last week it was NY Strips for 5.98 lb. I got 3 about 2" thick, and they were so good.oh, boneless.

10/4 on the cobler recipe sharing!! Kroger will slice steaks for you, any thickness you want, as will most meat departments,just gota ask. Great lookin meal!!!

Back