Contest Announcment Pauly's Brew-B-Q Throw-Down 7/11-7/12

tonto1117

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Wanted to let everyone know about a new KCBS santioned contest "Pauly's Brew-B-Q Throw-down".All the information can be found below. This will be a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP and a qualifier for the Jack Draw.Also it is a Saturday/Sunday contest They just recieved the Governor's Proclamation and will be forwarding the document to KCBS so they can put "State Championship" on thier site. Information including both contest or judging application can be found through the KCBS Website or:

http://www.riverwalkfestival.org/

Just look on the right side menu for "Pauly's Brew-B-Q

07/11/09
to
07/12/09 Pauly's Brew-B-Q Throw-down Lowell, MI
Contact: Liz Baker, 113 Riverwalk Plaza, PO Box 224, Lowell, MI 49331.
Phone: 616-897-9161. Fax: 616-897-9101. info@lowellchamber.org

KCBS Reps: GRANT FORD, JENI FORD

too bad it's up against Shannon and Kettering. Otherwise, I bet you'd get a lot more teams there...

I hear ya Scottie. I explained to them what they were up against, but they wanted to tie it to thier exsisting RiverWalk Festival.Nice thing is it's a Sat/Sun contest...so we are making plans on a "caravan" from Kettering to Lowell and doing both...would have considered Shannon(among our favorite 3) except the time change works against us.

All I can say is they are working hard to make it a cooker friendly contest...water to every site, electric, dump station on fairground site and a Beer Garden.....6 miles from home....priceless...8)

Bump!!

The Lowell Chamber of Commerce team came down to the Clarksville Tn event this weekend to 'shadow' the organizers and get ready for the Lowell event.

Hope to see many of you there. Remember, it's a Saturday Sunday event. Anyone else interested in the Caravan of Carnage from Kettering back to Lowell ? :-D

The Scotsmen compound(5 miles from Lowell) is available for stop over / showers (cheap hourly rate :icon_devil).

walt and tonto

I've sent in my app. Going to do all 6 in the lower penn. this year. And I won't be doing any caravan. Just don't want to show up at 9 pm to get started when big stuff starts cooking at 6:00. Concentrate on doing one good rather than 2 out of sync.

Okay Michiganers,

Who's coming to beucolic Lowell Michigan for a great, first year event? The Scotsmen will be there in spite of the long drive from Ada Michigan (approx. 7 miles :lol:).

Beucolic? That there is a fancy word! :-D I hope the fuel costs don't eat into your winnings too much :)

Beucolic? That there is a fancy word! :-D I hope the fuel costs don't eat into your winnings too much :)

Did I at least spell the darn word correctly?????:razz:

At a little over 7 miles, the Scotsmen can push the SmoSco to Lowell :lol:.

Bbq Bubba said:
Kick arse Walt!
We'll be missing this one.

Steve, was hoping to see you. T tells me the vending is going gang busters!!! Congrats and continued success.

Bumping this one up again with just a few weks to go.

On a side note, I hear they are still looking for some venders for Sunday if anyone is interested.

On a side note, I hear they are still looking for some venders for Sunday if anyone is interested.

Thanks for the call Walt but i'm booked for that weekend.
I will miss seeing ya'll but kick some arse! :biggrin:

As of right now Deb and I are planning on coming over for the weekend and hanging out.

Scott

Hey Walt, how many teams? I hope more Michigan cooks show up then there were at the grilling contest in GR... I'd be there in a minute if I didn't lose an hour coming from Shannon. Are memberships still available in the Great Lakes BBQ Assoc.?

I won't have the trailer inspected by then and I will need to vend from the trailer so can't do it for this event. Looks to me like every food vendor will need a special events permit if trailers are not allowed.

Scottie;
Would love to have you sign up and join our association.

Thanks
Scott

2 Skinny Cooks will be there. Just got our new EZ-up as parts for the one trashed at Elk Grove will be a while!

Is there a link somewhere to teams signed up so far?

Back