Smoked Pork Rellanos

Jeanie, this pic tells me you "get it" now. :-D

050-1-1.jpg

Just wanted to thank you Cowgirl. Following your great recipe, I was able to follow up my first pulled pork with my first rellenos. No way I could or would have done it without you. Tasted awesome! So awesome that I ate one and was on my second before I remembered I was going to take a pic to show you...sorry for the mess...it looked a lot better before the carnage.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Oh man, just saw this thread. These look amazing. I'm getting a 40lb bag of fresh Hatch chiles straight from my friend who just got back from Las Cruces, NM. Now I know what to do with them!

The sauce looks red, where is the red coming from based on the sauce recipe you posted, just wondering if you were using another sauce also. They look great and I have got to try them, thanks for the post.

The sauce looks red, where is the red coming from based on the sauce recipe you posted, just wondering if you were using another sauce also. They look great and I have got to try them, thanks for the post.

She forgot to add it to the original post but updated later in the thread.

Add 1 cup of tomato sauce to the recipe. :thumb:

darita, those look great!! So glad to hear they turned out well for you. Thanks for letting me know! :-D

Thank you Harry, kyle, speedrcer, smokedinvt, larry and wheelterrapin!
smokedinvt, they are pretty mild peppers..
wheelterrapin I forgot to add the 1 cup of tomato sauce.
kyle, thanks for adding that! :thumb:

Cowgirl you ROCK! :clap2:

Relleno's are one of my favorites...This just got bookmarked...

Just got my chiles, straight from Hatch, NM. Unfortunately I did get the 40lb batch I was expecting, but I'm going to have to make pork rellenos. I've only ever made cheese so I'm very excited. My batter recipe is nearly identical to what cowgirl posted, but I didn't have a good red sauce recipe, I'll be using this for sure!

Back