• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

In the Hospital and Board

BBQ_MAFIA

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
What to do when sick and board in the hospital?
Take apart the burger they gave me to eat and re-build it so it looks better.

How did I do!

Attachments

• C857E69D-8245-4C9F-B932-4377A1459274.jpg
    C857E69D-8245-4C9F-B932-4377A1459274.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 449
  • 34D4858F-EE66-4BF2-BEB7-244A130BA952.jpg
    34D4858F-EE66-4BF2-BEB7-244A130BA952.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 447
Hang in there, brother.

Burger looks reasonably edible!

Veg looks better than you'd ever get at McD or BK!

Hope you check out of there and get back to the ranch soon!

Hope your out sooner than later Guido,
Burger looks pretty tasty, I am comparing it to Macca,s.
Needs Beetroot

Hope you’re out soon making your own burger the way you want it!

The rebuild looks good. We have a hospital here with a Black & Blue burger that’s really good. That said I hope it’s not to serious and you get back to smoking soon.

Been a healthcare IT consultant for 35 years, working in hundreds of hospitals and so that many cafeterias. That doesn't look half bad, but looks can be deceiving.

I can relate to the boredom, though. I'm an unruly patient. I don't give the nurses a hard time, but I am quite likely not to be where they think I should be..i.e. in bed.

That looks darn good for a hospital burger!
I'd lose that green stuff personally, but looks tasty otherwise.
Did they let you have any salt?

Hope you're out soon!

Hope you're feeling better soon!
Burger looks great. Not like any hospital food I've had. :razz:

BBQ_Mafia,

I hope your stay is short and you get well soon.

Bland saltless hospital food is not something I enjoy but, after surgery with the painkillers is tolerable.

Instant saltless potatoes reminds me of glue in grade school and a beautiful burger with lovely lettuce and tomatoes is a disappointment to me when it arrives saltless and bland, same with the lovely salads with a mystery dressing (what I would have given for some good Ranch dressing!). Institutional cooking for people with dietary restrictions is something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

On a brighter note, I found the Jello tasted really good after a UP3, Tonsillectomy, Rhinoplasty and, Turbinectomy. :sick:

Shoulder surgery was much better even with extended physical therapy because I got to cook my own food at home, with one arm basically tied behind my back!

Hope you're out of the hospital quickly, Guido.

I spent a week and half in the hospital last summer and that burger looks better than anything I was served. Oddly, everything I ate for the first few days taste way TOO salty.

I spent a week and half in the hospital last summer and that burger looks better than anything I was served. Oddly, everything I ate for the first few days taste way TOO salty.

I've had to give up salt, well, supposed to give up salt anyway. :sad:
I've cut probably 90%+ out of what I cook with.
It's amazing how salty most restaurant food is after getting used to low salt cooking for a couple of years.
But, it's lowered my BP to acceptable levels without meds, so I suppose it's worth it. :-D

They probably do have beer. It has to come from the pharmacy. They keep it for alcoholics on the DT's. It's usually the cheap stuff though.

Back