First fatties & Moinks (pron)

tony69

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Well here are a few pics of last weekends cook. I however forgot to take a pic of the fatties on the kettle:doh:. One fatty is stuffed with Sauted onions, mushrooms & jalapenos with some sharp cheddar & colby jack & rubbed down with a couple of rubs.

The other is stuffed with a tortilla shell, cream cheese, chorizo, diced tomatoes & chiles & some shredded cheese.

Also about 60 Moinks, 1/2 were with McCormicks Sweet & smoky rub and the other 1/2 were with an Italian seasoning. Labor intensive but tasty! Everyone seemed to enjoy them. I know I did! Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Fatty prep1 (Copy).jpg
    Fatty prep1 (Copy).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 108
  • Ready to roll (Copy).jpg
    Ready to roll (Copy).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Fatties (Copy).jpg
    Fatties (Copy).jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Fatty2 (Copy).jpg
    Fatty2 (Copy).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Fatty 3 (Copy).jpg
    Fatty 3 (Copy).jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 108
  • on the cooker (Copy).jpg
    on the cooker (Copy).jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 109
  • Fatty & Moinks 016 (Copy).jpg
    Fatty & Moinks 016 (Copy).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Fatty & Moinks 013 (Copy).jpg
    Fatty & Moinks 013 (Copy).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 107
Looks fantastic. Since becoming a brethren, I've done a few fatties, no moinks yet though. I feel inspired.

Thanks! I'm fairly new at this so any success makes me pretty happy, not to mention it gives me another excuse to have a few drinks! Wifes friend & her family came over for a little Christmas party & it was all appitizers for dinner & I figured it couldn't be a better time to try them both! Surprizingly, the jalapeno one was everyones favorite. I'm the pepperhead around there so I deveined & deseeded them to take away the heat. If I was making it for myself, I woulda left the japs whole & dusted the outside with my "Slap yo momma" spice. That stuff has some heat! Cooking on a Weber 22.5'' kettle. I recently got an ECB cabinet smoker off CL for $10 but did a shoulder on it & found out there is about a billion leaks in it, so I have some work to do on that before it gets another shot.

Back