• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cuts in Creekstone brisket?

I used one this last weekend in a comp and it had a slight cut in the flat. Wasnt anything major

I've gotten 4 from them and 3 had slight cuts in the flat. None made a difference, but still made me wonder why they were there :razz:. Overall I was very happy with the brisket size and thickness.

I used one this last weekend in a comp and it had a slight cut in the flat. Wasnt anything major

I've gotten 4 from them and 3 had slight cuts in the flat. None made a difference, but still made me wonder why they were there :razz:. Overall I was very happy with the brisket size and thickness.
How long ago did you acquire them?

How long ago did you acquire them?

I got mine last week... but it was from Paradise Meats.... and had been aged for 60 days before frozen. So I assume it was a few months old

I know a guy who use's creekstones that he buys on line where they claim the competition ones are and I saw a pretty good sized cut in the prettiest brisket ever a comp or too ago (he may want to stay incognito so I shalst not mention names)

I've had online briskets from Creekstone with cuts in the flat. Generally nothing I can't work around. They have always been good about replacing when I complain. I had one that had no flat, big fat line through the middle of the entire flat. They gave me a credit for it. I think it comes from increased demand and trying to ramp up production. Cutters getting a little sloppy trimming.

They are good briskets, but I don't think they are necessary. Had a 2nd last weekend with a choice CAB. I think if you cook it well, it will score.

Back