CyberQ Wifi Setup Guide

I thought about PM'ing but thought others may be going through the same issues or certainly will.

Thank you so much - you are the man!! :thumb: As you mentioned, all I had to do was log into the cable modem/router and point the virtual server toward my belkin router's address...was very easy and just checked from an outside ISP and I am up and running!! Thank you so much again for your time and sticking with this for me. I'm so excited to have everything fully working with the cyber-q! :cool::grin:

I just downloaded an app on my android called The Pit Pal and it has functionality to link up to a cyberq or stoker.. it took seconds to set up and it's now logging and monitoring the cyberq on my phone! Thanks again TheKomoman!

Glad to hear it! The CyberQ is awesome but has a pretty intimidating learning curve. Once you get the various configuration things done it's great. I also use Pit Pal, that's actually how I found this place. Great combo.

Now go cook something!!

First trial run cook is happening as we type! Internal meat temps on my chicken drumsticks/thighs currently 176F with target 180 unless someone tells me differently quickly...tummy growling.

First trial run cook is happening as we type! Internal meat temps on my chicken drumsticks/thighs currently 176F with target 180 unless someone tells me differently quickly...tummy growling.

180's a good target.. give them a little rest time though after you take them off! Letting meat rest is so very important.. and so very hard to do when you're hungry.

They had about an hour of rest time under foil unfortunately because I was late for a haircut. That said, they were still very warm and surprisingly tasty for a first run! I went to pull the drumstick bone and twist to try to separate the drumstick and the thigh..oh no, the bone pulled out instantly and all the meat flopped right off..so tender and juicy!

Anyone else have an issue with connecting cyberq on WLAN with WPA2 ? A previous poster mentioned it, and I'm curious before I buy it if it was end user error, or if it's a known problem?
I'll gladly change my wireless to g and b mixed mode, but I'm not comfortable in changing from WPA2 to WPA.

Anyone else have an issue with connecting cyberq on WLAN with WPA2 ? A previous poster mentioned it, and I'm curious before I buy it if it was end user error, or if it's a known problem?
I'll gladly change my wireless to g and b mixed mode, but I'm not comfortable in changing from WPA2 to WPA.

Mine's on a N class router with WPA2. All good. It really was pretty easy to set up..in my case the only difficulty was realizing my issue was I had a router behind a router..(did not realize my cable modem had those capabilities). This thing absolutely rocks. Granted I started with a cyber-q out of the gate, I can't imagine using the wsm without one..it's truly set it and forget it. The android phone app is awesome (the pit pal).

(7) On your computer, rejoin your home network.

(8) Under Applications/Utilities, open Airport Utility, click on the
picture of the Airport, click "Edit", then select "Networks".

...- flashflood

I have a Windows 7 machine, don't understand this step. I can find Airport Utility and open it. I don't see applications/utilities or anywhere to 'edit'. Sure this is more a problem I'm not computer savvy. Can someone help?

I have a Windows 7 machine, don't understand this step. I can find Airport Utility and open it. I don't see applications/utilities or anywhere to 'edit'. Sure this is more a problem I'm not computer savvy. Can someone help?

The post doesn't say, but it sounds like it was done on a Mac. I haven't used a Windows computer in several years so I can't help with specific instructions for Windows 7, but I can try. Where are you in the process?

I have a windows 7 machine and can try to help. As Ron said, where are you in the process? For the record, if you notice in flashflood's instructions, they are for use with an apple airport wireless station, and they're also intended to achieve infrastructure mode. For the less computer savvy, there is adhoc mode. Turn it on and press the button to shut it up. Then go to your computer and find it the same way you'd find any wireless network if you were in a hotel etc...it will be called cyberq or something close. Log into it with the password. Then you can view the cyber q status and change temps by visiting the cyber q's interface via your web browser. Granted, this will only work when you're home, but that's it - that's the whole setup for ad hoc. if you want to use the phone apps and view the stuff remotely outside your network, it's considerably more complicated/recommend having someone help you that knows how to configure routers.

I had completed step 6. Did not realize IP was using a Mac. As much as I'm not cpt savvy, I can follow directions. I had hope with this thread as OP is using same router as mine, apple extreme.

Other than using an apple extreme router - which I'm not familiar with - it should all be the same.

Step 7 - rejoin your home network - all this means is that previously you were in adhoc mode - as I had described in my above post - you would have logged on to the 'wireless network' of your cyber q. In step 7 all they're saying is to disconnect from that, and get back on your standard home network - ie your wifi from or Ethernet plug into your router. the only difference you may find straying from his directions is between steps 7 and 8, there appears to be an assumption that the installer is looking at his router configuration page. You will likely need to get to this manually - look at the apple extreme instruction book (you hopefully kept it or I am sure it's downloadable online), but for most routers you simply open a web browser and type the word router in the address bar...for those that don't have that feature the address is typically 192.168.1.x. Most times it's 192.168.1.1 . Type that in your web browser and hit enter..and you should get to your router controls. From there you should be able to follow the instructions..let us know how you progress. Good luck, it's worth it once you're set up!

flashflood, I can't thank you enough for your detailed explanation on setting up my guru for infrastructure mode. I have an iMac and use the Time Capsule (airport utility), I followed your step by step instructions and successfully have my guru working using the infrastructure mode. I can now use my iPhone to monitor from anywhere.

I wish I came across your post earlier, I had 2 pork butts that cooked 19 hours on my BGE for a 4th of July party. I had to work the day they were finishing up, so my wife was left in charge of the babysitting the cook. Though many phone calls all turned out excellent but having the infrastructure mode working would have been a great thing. I want to thank you again for your time and your post.

Dear Santa. Ciber Q for me this year. Tired of being tired after a long smoke.

Thanks for all the help here on connecting Guru Wifi in Infrastructure mode. After 2 hrs or so I still couldn't get it going on my Linksys router. Finally able to connect after I changed my security from WPA2 to WPA. Works like a charm now. Thx!

Back