BTW Brethren: I have 2 more great ideas if you're looking for inspiration. Plenty of time left in this throwdown...

PM me if you want the Ideas.

I had a great idea for a real bread to do to replace the brownies, but I am going to stick with the brownies. Critics be damned!:becky: If you want to know what my other idea was, too bad. It was a sure winner though. Except for the fact that I was making it.

I had a great idea for a real bread to do to replace the brownies, but I am going to stick with the brownies. Critics be damned!:becky: If you want to know what my other idea was, too bad. It was a sure winner though. Except for the fact that I was making it.
Should have rolled out those brownies around some cream cheese like a giant hoho fatty type thing.

I declare, this bread thing has made me crazy. Three different times and they all looked, well, awful!

I thought this was about smoking meat.:crazy:

My inspiration for this dish comes from the French hot dog: a half baguette is impaled on a hot iron longways. This serves the dual purposes of toasting the inside of the bun along with creating a hole in the baguette. A sauce-covered is then forced into the hole in the baguette. The result is a delicious sandwich/hotdog.

So given that the theme of this challenge was bread, I figured I could create a French hot dog on the grill. BUT, rather than using a plain hot dog, I'd use a smoked fatty.

I was inspired by a post on this board describing the 3-2-1 method as applied to a fatty. Well, I thought, why cook it for two hours in foil when you could cook it for two hours encased in dough?

The plan was as follows: smoke a fatty for 3 hours. While that is smoking, prepare my bread dough. After three hours, pull out the fatty. Lay out the dough into a flat rectangle, push the fatty into the dough and wrap it up tight. Toss the whole contraption back on the grill and cook for 2 hours.

My first question was whether or not bread would even bake at 225 degrees. So I did a little bit of a test run:
dq3n03.jpg

Looks pretty good! It doesn't have the dark brown crust it usually does but a little butter and a few seconds above the coals should fix that. So it was on to the real thing. As soon as I bought the fatty outside, the dogs started arguing over who would get to eat it:
2le003s.jpg

Art/dogs imitate life: the girl won.
3342rgk.jpg

But when all was said and done, they're back to being best friends:
1jx092.jpg

The fatty went into my Weber OTS equipped with a faux smokenator. One of these days I will have to buy one, because that sucker works like a dream and I feel guilty for blatantly stealing the idea. 60 briquettes and some apple chunks mixed with pecan shells was the fuel for this fire. With all that grill space, it would be such a waste not to toss some ribs on there. So I did!

Three hours later, the fatty was removed:
qzlnrr.jpg

The dough was flattened out and slathered with a mayonnaise and mustard mix:

2aaj7yx.jpg

And then the fatty was laid down and rolled up into the dough:

5cx1f8.jpg

1 hour later, the dough wasn't rising like I wanted, so I opened up the vents, stoked the coal, and the temperature shot up to 325ish. Another hour later, and it's perfect:

qs6rsn.jpg

Yummmmm!!

345dcep.jpg

Pecan Zucchini Bread With Brown Sugar/Pecan Glaze

Been wanting to make some Zucchini Bread with alot of it shreded in the freezer, so this TD was the perfect opportunity.
The ingredients:

102_0917.jpg

102_0918.jpg

In the pan with a brown sugar topping:

102_0919.jpg

On the drum with CI skillet of smokey pecans:

102_0924.jpg

102_0927.jpg

102_0922.jpg

Out of the drum:

102_0930.jpg

Slathered with a glaze of butter, honey, brown sugar and chopped smoked Pecans:

102_0948.jpg

Use this shot Chris. Thanks!

Wow, there is some great bread here. I am personally done with bread and starters.

Love it! It's like a Fatty Wellington!:cool:

Ha! I didn't even notice the resemblance until you pointed it out. "Fatty Wellington" sounds much more regal than "French Hot Dog but with a Fatty instead of a Sausage". :lol:

Wow, there is some great bread here. I am personally done with bread and starters.

Don't give up now! Your bread turned out excellent, specially the pizza dough we fried. :heh:

Besides, you should just be getting used to getting sploogie on you. :becky:

If you can make a sandwich out of them, then you're good.

Yup, here's a sandwich with muffins...
muffins2_sm.jpg

Back