Cherry Smoked Filet Birthday Roast

Damn Moose! That's a definite home run right there!

Cheers

What a treasue that butcher is!
brilliant filet!!!:thumb:
Course, you aren't such a bad deal as a friend either!:-D

Very nicely done Moose.

I gotta try a paste like that sometime.

Just wow. I was ready to eat that in the first pic - raw & sliced! I usually don't even think about filet but I guess I should change that.

You did that beautiful cut some serious justice - fanfarkingtastic! :clap2:

Very nice outcome! When I do a tenderloin I'll get a trimmed out cryovaced choice grade from Costco. I'll rinse and dry it, fold the tail back in to equalize thickness, and tie it up with butcher's twine. Same cooking method but I'll place it on a wire roast rack, indirect, using hickory or oak chunks. My set up is like Landarc's with firebrick, and a cast iron pan with water below. It'll smoke/cook at about 275 and take maybe 45-50 minutes. Just enough smoke for flavor. The secret to not over smoking is covering with a paste like was done here, or EVOO over seasonings of choice. :clap2:

That's probably the best looking Tenderloin I've ever seen...:hungry:

The Missus’ Green Peppercorn Sauce - As Requested

Notice he never came back to offer up that gravy recipe?? :tsk: :laugh:

OK, here it is!

The Missus’ Green Peppercorn Sauce

2 cups beef stock
½ cup red wine of choice
1 shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon jarred green peppercorns with juice
½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
3 T butter
3 T. flour
Dash of Kitchen Bouquet
Salt and pepper to taste.

Combine beef stock, green and black peppercorns, shallots and garlic into 1 quart saucepan. Simmer for 30 minutes then add red wine and increase heat to medium high. Boil off the red wine for 2-3 minutes then remove from heat.

Strain stock to remove the peppercorns, garlic and shallots and replace broth into sauce pan and bring to a gently boil. Melt butter and flour together to form a roux and cook for 3 minutes. Add roux to broth using a wire whisk and boil for 2 minutes. Slowly add a dash of Kitchen Bouquet or more as desired for a richer, dark brown color. Serve with beef or lamb. Serve with beef or lamb.

Darn it, now I'm hungry, AGAIN. Beautiful peice of meat you cooked up there.

Wait. I can't believe I didn't post in this thread. I mean, I DID reference it in another thread as a great example so the cook obviously impressed me...:doh:

That is still a great looking steak,just showed it to Mama Bear and she said we have to have some of that this weekend I told her like Friday night ...

Back