Chuckie Advice

morgaj1

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I am planning on smoking a chuckie this weekend and have the following rubs available:

SM Cherry Rub
SM Sweet and Spicy
Big Ron's HOH
Big Ron's Original
Big Ron's In the House

I have a few other samplers, but not enough to coat a chuckie. Which would you use?

I am only familiar with the SM rubs you have listed, and I would go with the sweet and spicy.

But that's me.

I am only familiar with the SM rubs you have listed, and I would go with the sweet and spicy.

But that's me.

Same here out of the ones you listed. However, for my chucks I just use S&P, onion and garlic powder. I like em simple.

I like both SM rubs - haven't used the others. I would say it would depend on what you are going to use the meat for and your audience. I like the Cherry on beef - nice and sweet, which works well for the folks I cook for. I don't think you can go wron with either one.

Big Ron's is some quality stuff. I have them all, but have only tried HOH and Original. HOH is a bit spicier, but has great flavor. I use Original on my chuckies all the time. I did a bunch not too long ago for a party and it got rave reviews. Either one will not disappoint:thumb:

Big Ron's In the House is intended for red meat and works for me, but both Original and Hint of Houston are both all purpose so either way it should bring out great flavor. Enjoy!

Back