Red Beans n' rice

G$

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I had some left over hot links and chicken thighs I had frozen when I coooked Superbowl Sunday. One of my favorite things to do with these are red beans and rice.

I am lazy, so I use a box like Zatarains. In this case, I used two boxes, which I started on the stove because they take 25 minutes.

I then gathered the sausage, diced some extra un-yon and bell pepper, and took the skin of the thighs.

19475486jx3.jpg

Don't worry, I fried those thigh skins in the pan to take the flavor out!

I then threw the dice in to the seasoned pan. I do this when I start to smell the red beans.
43804533fe6.jpg

Remove the on-yon and pepper, and heat the meat. This way I know they're each cooked the way I like.

10246702bx7.jpg

Combine them when heated. (Check out the heat waves!)
52482920fy8.jpg

When the red beans are done, I serve it up with some bread for the sauce that oozes out..
69278584pk3.jpg

I like this meal because it takes only as long as a box of beans and rice. I do the same thing with jambalaya mix (but I combine them to cook at the end). The other nice thing is it uses up sausage and chicken parts, which are easy to cook and freeze in massive quantity even if you only have a few hours.

Good lookin' eats right there! Zataraine's gets a couple of my grocery dollars, also.

Got to admit Love the Zatarain's too .... But I really like Mahatma better.... Good looking eats...

Awesome looking food. I love red beans 'n rice. Now I know how to make it. Let's see, where did I put those thighs?

Looks good! It's hard to look at red beans and rice the same since my last trip to New Orleans. Saw a guy in the French Quarter eating some out of a ziplock bag...

Mmmm...that looks very good! I'm going to give your method a try. Thanks!:cool:

I guess I am in line for the great taste of Zatarains as well.....

And you just kicked it up a notch.... that looks so good, I can almost smell it and taste it, and I just finished corned beef with cabbage, taters, with onions and carrots......

Back