Found a big rib rack!

caliking

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I found this while browsing around Academy - the old lady made me clean out some of my junk from the garage and I got ~$300 from returning stuff that I didn't need anymore. The only logical thing to do was spend it on bbq gear.

Its the Outdoor Gourmet DLX Rib Rack. Measures 14" wide x 9.75" deep x 6.75" high. I had to cut off the front handle because the LBGE thermo was hitting it. I also placed a piece of wine bottle cork between the thermo and dome to give some more room inside the dome.

It is the longest/widest/highest rack I have seen, and should easily fit 4 untrimmed racks of spares. $20 at Academy. I've been looking for something like this for some time.

IMAG1091.jpg

Finally a non-wimpy rib rack, I will be ordering that! Thanks for sharing.

That is a rib rack alright.

I like your cool duck friend. :cool:

Never used a rib rack - question if you use one do you need to flip your ribs or just cook em like they were laying on the grate?

Its about 2 or so inches longer than the other rib racks at HD around here. Plus it is much taller, so hopefully the racks wont flop around as much.

I have always cooked my racks flat. If I need more space, I just lay another cooking grate on top. The handles of the lower grate act as spacers. If your cooker has hot spots (my LBGE is hotter at the back, near the hinge) then you may have to rotate. I have been looking for a big rib rack for a while, so I'll report back once I use this one. Sounds like some others have used it and like it.

Back