logo

i need a bbq sauce recipe

W

warren

i need a sweet&tangy bbq sauce recipe and instructions on how to make it please i have my own recipe but it never turn out as good as i wouldd like it

Nice simple one...

4 parts - Jack Danial's Original BBQ Sauce
2 parts - Open Pit BBQ Sauce
1 part - Honey
1 part - Brown Sugar

Combine all ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes or until the desired thickness is achieved.

I used to make a lot of sauces but haven't done it in three years. Hard to pick just one.

you noted tangy.. so I assume you have some form vinegar and/or acidity in there in addition to all the sugars and spices..

How about sharing your recipe and maybe the group can help you tweak your recipe so it's still yours ?

I used to make a lot of sauces but haven't done it in three years. Hard to pick just one.

you noted tangy.. so I assume you have some form vinegar and/or acidity in there in addition to all the sugars and spices..

How about sharing your recipe and maybe the group can help you tweak your recipe so it's still yours ?
The thing that I've started doing was not putting in more vinegar, but adding lemon slices... This seems to add the acid you may be looking for and also brightens the flavor a bit....

ok here is my recipe

1 quart v8 juice
1/2 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup apple cider
1 cup dark molasses
1/3 cup black pepper
1/3 cup paprika
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1big yellow onion
1/2 garlic
1 cup ketchup

Buy some Sweet Baby Ray or Cattleman. Then again if you use a stick burner don't need sauce

The thing that I've started doing was not putting in more vinegar, but adding lemon slices... This seems to add the acid you may be looking for and also brightens the flavor a bit....
I agree 100% here. The lemon will add "zing" to the recipe.

Are you using it as a Pulled pork sauce? If so, try a NC, vinegar based sauce recipe.

Here's one I found on the web and tweaked a little to suite me. It's labeled a rib sauce but it really works great with pulled pork...

Savory Rib Sauce
This is a thin and flavorful barbecue sauce that works well when applied to ribs towards the end of cooking. It can also be used as a dipping sauce served at the table. Add extra cayenne to kick up the heat..
INGREDIENTS:
* 2/3 cup chicken stock (triple the recipe to use the whole can)
* 1/3 cup brown sugar
* 1/4 cup cider vinegar
* 1/4 cup ketchup
* 5 cloves garlic (I use minced garlic from the store)
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon cayenne
PREPARATION:
Pour olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add minced garlic and simmer until lightly brown. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Simmer on low until it starts to thicken, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

Warren,

The reason for using tomato/V8 as a base is to try and get that more acidic flavor that everyone's been talking about. I was trying to work on a recipe for sauce with tomato juice for a while, but finally got to the point that I just didn't like that as the underlying ingredient. I've found sauces with a base of 1/2 chicken broth and 1/2 ketchup work far better. You can add the vinegar or lemon for the acid. Am also planning on trying to use chili sauce next time in lieu of ketchup. Will see how it goes. Good luck.

Back