Rotisserie Chicken

polishdon

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to break out my rotisserie attachment over the weekend. I did a Peruvian style aka Pollo Loco marinade on a 5lb bird, let it sit about 6 hours, the tied her up.
IMG_0676.jpg

Set up the rotisserie using Cowboy lump and some chunks of Pecan.
IMG_0678.jpg

After an hour at about 250
IMG_0679.jpg

Then I opened up the vents and finished it off around 350 for another 90 minutes. This was the result before carving.
IMG_0680.jpg

I've done this before and it's definitely one of my favorites. Simple marinade that gives the bird great flavor, but mild enough that my daughter still eats it.

Here's the link to the recipe I followed, the time on this recipe is WAY off though, it does not cook in an hour and a half at that temp.
http://bbq.about.com/od/chickenrecipes/r/bl70730a.htm

That looks FANTASTIC! :clap: I just did one for the first time on my UDS rotisserie... i cooked around 325 and finished closer to 400* but i think i'm gonna do closer to 400 the whole cook like i do my smoked birds. It was crisp but i like the skin really crisp sometimes.

What i like is the distance is far enough away from the coals i think i could get away with 500* no problem. Nothing like a rotisserie bird over hot coals.... I'm sold!

Back