Costco carrying packers now

Untraceable

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I go into my costco (maplewood, MN) and out of the corner of my eye I spy full packers. choice packers for 1.99 a lb. Picked 2 up and tried getting to the bottom of if they are going to start carrying them all the time or not. The kid behind the meat window said he was on vacation for a week and came back to find 25 case of packers in the fridge.

Anyone with costco hookups know if this was a regional thing or what?

Thanks for the heads up. Headed there today so am hoping they have them here too!:mrgreen:

It will be great news if they carry them here. I will make a point of looking.

The Costco's down here in Texas have always carried full packers as long as I've been a member (~5 years). I think it's just a regional thing they decide to do or not based on demand. Earlier in the summer they were $1.99/lb. I went this last weekend and they were up to $2.19/pound.

The Costco's down here in Texas have always carried full packers as long as I've been a member (~5 years). I think it's just a regional thing they decide to do or not based on demand. Earlier in the summer they were $1.99/lb. I went this last weekend and they were up to $2.19/pound.

Yep, bought one last Friday and cooked it over the weekend.

Most delicious.

Our business Costco carries them...not sure of current prices...I'll let you know tomorrow...it's my meat day! They are cheaper by the case too. I usually buy two at a time for comps and the folks there are super cool about letting me sort through a case or two to pick out the good ones if there aren't any on the floor.

Mount Vernon has them. $2.30/lb regular price.

Thanks! thats where i was headed this thursday! at least i dont have to sweat it out on the ride thinking i might end up diassapointed. 2.30 is a very good price considering what i pay at the supermarket for the darn flat!

I have yet to see them out here..ours only carries flats at $4.99#. The idiots there have no clue what a packer even is. So I buy packers from RD and they usually run $1.99# for choice.

No packers at their hometown Costco in Issaquah WA. - Lots of thin ugly flats though....

No packers at their hometown Costco in Issaquah WA. - Lots of thin ugly flats though....

Ha! I feel exactly the same except I like to add the word "expensive". We have lots of thin, ugly, expensvie flats. Choice flats around $4.99+/lb. Just joined Sam's and they have full packers, choice angus for around $2.20ish/lb. Seems so weird the prices can vary that much between 2 similar stores.

Back