Piggy Time in SoCal Again, farkers!

I only took a few pics, but what a fantastic time. Always great to hang with Greg and his crew.

Beef ribs appetizer.

M8167Rg.jpg

Greg pulling his meat.

skQX121.jpg

Yes Charles, Hoping to make that one with Ag76. Hey gtr, Jet in! Would love for y'all to make it too! We will do what it takes to get you there and back! :clap2:

I'll see if I can make it work!

Meanwhile, I took one whole picture

picture.php

There were quite a few folks there! :shocked: I'm glad I have friends who can cook. I have no idea how I'd be able to pull this off without the help of my Brethren Brothers, campdude in particular! So great to see everybody and such a good time. Tonybel brought some new friends along who were super cool - hope we see 'em back here every year. Ivan made this guac that had cucumber in it that was my favorite food of the day - farking fantastic.

I've set aside some time later today for a nice, quite moment with Tonybel's frijoles charros - just me and the beans. I can't wait!

frognot nailed a couple of very nice tri tips, campdude brought it strong with the jalapeno cheese dip and peanut butter cookies (I hid a few...:spy:), SmokinJohn leveled up the party with kalbi beef and that mac n cheese - I had the hatch chile version which made me all :whoo:.

Great to see hachi-roku_fan & team SoCalWJS - really glad y'all made it and hope to see you guys again soon! Hope moose and ssv3 are feeling better, and silverfinger gets some free time soon! We all definitely missed Bigmista. frognot and I watched the "Unhinged" episode of "The Wonderland Murders" today and got to see Neil there, though. He's a cop in it - check it out!

So good to see everybody and a great reminder of how blessed I am to know so many great people.

Sorry I couldn't make it. After I added things up, was just too much coin for now.

One of these days I'll make it out there to party with you Cali farkers.

I hear ya. Come on out anytime - we'll be here & we'd love to have you join us!

Just recovering. Too many tequila shots 😂

silverfinger came by today and we had a sesh with pig sammiches, mac n cheese, and those frijoles charros - so farking good! I love seeing people's faces when they eat them. They look like this ---->:shocked: and this :bounce: and this :clap: put together.

Got in late last night after yet another wonderful weekend at casa gtr (missed seeing Ray by about an hour but got to talk to him) and can't even begin to express my gratitude to Greg and Shannon for allowing me to stay with them.

My mother-in-law broke her femur and hip this weekend so need to run to the hospital so will post some pics quickly.

Got a few more that will post later.

Attachments

• QoxTWMf.jpg
    QoxTWMf.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 113
  • DFHxKQg.jpg
    DFHxKQg.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 8Y4a1bm.jpg
    8Y4a1bm.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 116
  • 1roDIk9.jpg
    1roDIk9.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 117
  • rZDce0m.jpg
    rZDce0m.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 115
  • kJmOGpO.jpg
    kJmOGpO.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 113
Here are my pics:

Sausages..

IMG_4785.JPG

Wings......

IMG_4786.JPG

These beans tasted an awful lot like Keri's Hog Apple Beans.....

IMG_4787.JPG

Campdude and Socal_WJS talking while trimming. This is also how you lose a finger.....

IMG_4788.JPG

Tri tips trimmed and ready for the smoker! TonyBel is looking on....

IMG_4790.JPG

GTR slicing up some fatties....

IMG_4791.JPG

Jalapeno Dip. I wonder who ruined the money shot?

IMG_4793.JPG

The guest of honor...

IMG_4799.JPG

My Hatch and Bacon Mac and Cheese...

IMG_4800.JPG

Beef ribs sliced..Little Piggie is next.....

IMG_4801.JPG

Tri Tip being reverse seared......

IMG_4802.JPG

Pork Loin being sliced...

IMG_4803.JPG

Beans from TonyBel (Maribel made them).....

IMG_4804.JPG

Frognot slicing while Campdude supervises...

IMG_4806(1).JPG

There were a ton of vegan and vegetarian dishes. This is the only one I took (well, not the only one):

IMG_4794.JPG

And last, but not least, GTR putting some essence on some broccolini:

http://gardenislandmusic.com/bbqimages/IMG_4807.MOV

Last edited:
Got in late last night after yet another wonderful weekend at casa gtr (missed seeing Ray by about an hour but got to talk to him) and can't even begin to express my gratitude to Greg and Shannon for allowing me to stay with them.

My mother-in-law broke her femur and hip this weekend so need to run to the hospital so will post some pics quickly.

Got a few more that will post later.

Yea,
That’s cuz I showed up a day late to Greg’s house :oops:
Greg and Shannon took good care of me once I got there :becky:
I can see by the photos I really missed out on a great time with my Bbq family.
Getting older has been a bit scary.

A few more.

Started the day with some of Captain Ron's coffee which is needed when you start a pit around 0500.

Second pic is Greg probing one of the butts done on the WSM overnight (ended up not being eaten so yeah! Leftovers!) and third is how many pans of Keri's Hog Apple beans you can fit on a Weber Ranch Kettle. Fourth is checking temps on the piggy (who browned up quickly so spent a lot of time in foil) and fifth is beef ribs (so yummy).

Attachments

• Moughch.jpg
    Moughch.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 83
  • 4SqGRzs.jpg
    4SqGRzs.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 84
  • JbxVVsV.jpg
    JbxVVsV.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 85
  • LBv4MSD.jpg
    LBv4MSD.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 83
  • R3jyOBp.jpg
    R3jyOBp.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 82
Well today I had frijoles charros for breakfast and frognot's pecan cobbler for lunch (dusted it!). Most likely a PP sammich done proper with slaw and vinegar sauce for dinner, plus dessert, not to mention chips and salsa (was that red salsa Ivan's? farking great wherever it came from) throughout the entire day. I am increasing in size. Visibly. :shocked:

The tie-dye apron:

apron.jpg

There ya go, John - nice! I should look into doing something like that to hide the sauce stains, grease spots, salsa spills, etc.

Had some Opa Hatch Chile sausage courtesy of frognot for dinner tonight - very farking good. Charles brought lots of sausage from TX for the party, but I already had a pretty huge amount of home made thawed, so it kinda worked out that I'm gonna be eating many links of various delicious sorts - thanks Charles!

Back