• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ, Maui Style

Butt-A-Bing!

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Wife and I spent 10 days on Maui. We spent one day on the "Road to Hana" and stumbled upon a BBQ establishment. Rustic, appeared to have a gas grill, aroma was good, checked out the menu... OK.. no prices, but I'm game. Combo plate, beef ribs and chicken. Comes with rice and something called Fern salad. So the owner tends the grill and whips up a hefty plate of chicken and beef short ribs, rice and salad and 2 iced teas. 17 bucks. I give him a 20 keep the change. He is now my buddy. Now I am a BBQ nut obviously, but this meal was one of the highlights of my trip. Great flavor, generous portion, just a great meal. No sauce, lots of bark but not overdone. Fern salad was Killer!! We shared one plate and took some home for later. The owner loosened up big time when I started talking BBQ and competition. He wants to start a circuit in Hawaii, I told him to go for it! It's a bit out of the way, but if you're in Maui, check out Ka Haku's Smoke Shack!

Chris

Attachments

• Ka Haku's Sign2.jpg
    Ka Haku's Sign2.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 21
  • BBQ Menu.jpg
    BBQ Menu.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 21
  • BBQ Cook.jpg
    BBQ Cook.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Chris at BBQ Stand.jpg
    Chris at BBQ Stand.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Food3.jpg
    Food3.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Cliff to Hana13.jpg
    Cliff to Hana13.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 23
Was that place just past a curve in the road with a small dirt drive on one side? Wondering if it's that same place I saw... It was closed when I passed it.

I would loe be there and eat the plate clean!

Any more pictures?

Was that place just past a curve in the road with a small dirt drive on one side? Wondering if it's that same place I saw... It was closed when I passed it.
Yep, the shack is on the right heading towards Hana. Dirt road on left of shack, just past the "Garden of Eden". Not too far into the journey. Maybe mile post 11-12 or so.

I would loe be there and eat the plate clean!

Any more pictures?

If you ever get the chance, GO! I have hundreds of pics, (only a few of BBQ):p what do you want to see?

We saw these on the way, cows and chickens.. HMMM...

Waterfall nearby..

Attachments

• Chicken7.jpg
    Chicken7.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Cows in Field2.jpg
    Cows in Field2.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Waterfall.jpg
    Waterfall.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 14
Back