• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Accomodations

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have been asked to locate the closest accomodations to Drexel and there will not be much of anything within 20 minutes of there. Drexel is a very small community in extreme southwestern Cass County. Best bet is Harrisonville, MO (where Scott lived).

Harrisonville is about 27 miles from Drexel. It's all country driving so you can make it in less than 30 minutes. While there are 4-5 small mom and pop type motels, I'd probably only recommend the following:

Super 8http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...latlng=38641930,-94328520,5654998541176797837
2400 E Rock Haven Rd, Harrisonville, MO
(816) 887-2999

Best Western - Harrisonville
2201 Rockhaven Rd, Harrisonville, MO
(816) 884-3200

To get to Harrisonville from I-70 in eastern KC area, take I-435 south off I-70 near the Royals/Chiefs stadiums. Follow to US Hwy. 71 south to Harrisonville. From the 435/71 interchanges, it's about 30 minutes to Harrisonville.

From the airport, take I-435 east towards St. Louis. It will curve to the south and head down towards KC (435 wraps in a large loop around Kansas City). Stay on 435 south past I-70 and the stadiums and continue south to Harrisonville as stated above.

To get to Drexel from Harrisonville, you'll go west on Missouri Highway 2 and go about 15 miles to County Highway D at a tiny community of West Line, Missouri. Continue about 12 miles south to Drexel.

I am not sure I can make the services on Friday as I will be setting up at Blue Springs (an hour or so northeast of Drexel). I spoke with Parrothead on the phone tonight and he said Scott wouldn't want any Brother to miss a contest. We will have my in-laws in from Michigan on Thursday afternoon for the contest but my wife said she is ok with it if I want to have anyone in town for the services to come by our home on Thursday evening and raise a few in Scott's memory.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with in your travel to our area.

An update... The hotel Greg and Phil will be at in Olathe:

1. OLATHE-GREAT PLAINS MALL AREA
101 W. 151ST ST
OLATHE, KS 66061Phone: (913) 829-4000

Olathe is 40 miles north of Drexel and in a much more populated area (for restaurants, etc.). Directions:
Take US 169 South to 191st Street. Turn left. At Ridgeview Road, turn right. Turn left on 199th Street. Follow to US Hwy. 69. Go south about 20 miles to the 359th Street Exit. Turn left and cross into Missouri in about 3-4 miles. 359th Street becomes County Road AA in Missouri. Drexel is right there not far over the state line.

To get to Olathe from Kansas City International Airport, take I-29 south towards Kansas City. About 12 miles, you'll take exit 3B onto I-635 and cross over into Kansas. In another 12 miles or so, you'll take exit 1A onto I-35 towards Wichita. At this point, you're around 15 miles to your hotel.

Jeff, can you recomend a liquor store between the airport and motel?

Jorge said:
Jeff, can you recomend a liquor store between the airport and motel?

Just be sure to get what you need on the Missouri side. In Kansas, it has to be a designated liquor store and if not, the stuff you get in the grocery stores (where available) is all 3.2 beer and they don't sell the hard stuff. If you're going down I-29, look for Barry Road and a little farther south, 64th Street.

At the Barry Road exit, got left (east) 4 stoplights. You'll see HyVee Grocery Store across from St. Luke's Noth Hospital.

At the 64th Street exit, go west (right) and look for the Hen House grocery store. It's quite a bit closer to the Interstate than HyVee and the Barry Road exit. Just look for McDonald's in you left after turning off the Interstate. Turn left just past McDonalds and you'll turn right into Hen House. Not sure the name of that street off of 64th Street.

Both of these have pretty good sized liquor departments and are probably cheaper than most stores selling specifically liquor.

If you are coming in late, just let Phil and I know what you want and we will have it there already. Plus there is a restaurant and bar at the holiday inn.

parrothead said:
If you are coming in late, just let Phil and I know what you want and we will have it there already. Plus there is a restaurant and bar at the holiday inn.

A bottle of Cabo for Columbia. It seems aproppriate to me.

Jeff,
Thank you so very much for stepping up and giving valuable information for the brothers on accomodations. I really appreciate it.

I wish I was cooking Blue Springs, so I would have an opportunity to attend the service. I have to "endeavor to perservere" through this, as I know in my heart "E" would want me cooking....what's really tearing my heart out is there hasn't been a contest that KC and I didn't talk 3-4 times through the event....I'm gonna miss that.....(setting here sobbing)

Gary, glad I'm here to do whatever I can. When I spoke with Greg last night, he told me just what you said... Scott would not want us to miss a contest. I will be putting Scott's name on my Brethren banner for the remainder of the season and will lower my flag to half mast this weekend. I encourage everyone to do likewise in tribute.

BBQchef33 said:
who or anyone gonna meet up with us on thursday evening??

I plan to Phil. You gonna get to the hotel before stopping for dinner or are you going to eat on the way? Probably depends on what you're wanting... KC BBQ?

BBQchef33 said:
who or anyone gonna meet up with us on thursday evening??
I'm in. Let me know if there is anything you need in KC area. I'm happy to run errands Thursday. I work in the OP area, not far from Olathe where you will be staying. ( live 35 miles north of O.P.)

HoDeDo said:
I'm in. Let me know if there is anything you need in KC area. I'm happy to run errands Thursday. I work in the OP area, not far from Olathe where you will be staying. ( live 35 miles north of O.P.)

I am with Andy on this!! I am all over the Metro all day! I can help with anything! Has anyone thought of lining the services with as many smokers as can be pulled in???

Back