Looking for some advice on Lang customer service

I bought a new Lang in 2011 and got great service, but it does sound like you are getting the run around. I sent a friend to Lang and he bought the 84 deluxe no chargrill but when it came in they sent it with the chargrill by mistake. When he called to see what was up they said woops if you like it you can keep it as they had delivered 4 states away. Guess they are too busy which can be good and bad.

Just in this thread I've seen poor customer service, cookers sent to the wrong locations, and cookers delivered that weren't what was originally ordered. In other threads I've read of poor quality welding, thermos contacting the cooking grates, and more poor customer service. I know Lang puts out a good product, but man....I'm so glad I went with Shirley Fabrication. Not one negative review of them.

I get a call today at 3 from Sara at Lang and she tell me she is sorry to inform me that my smoker got mistakenly loaded on a truck for New Orleans.
Call her back and ask for the waybill# and the name of the LTL carrier of the misrouted cooker so you can call the LTL carrier and verify. If they won't give you that info they're BS'ing you - your cooker hasn't even been started or they sold it out from under you. Easter is lost. Do a charge back and find another manufacturer. I had this exact problem with my first cooker from a name brand in Texas. My cooker was "misrouted" somewhere in Alabama. I called them up on a Wednesday and said I wanted a cooker in my driveway or a refund on my Credit Card Friday morning. 11am Friday morning an Airfreight cartage truck with a cooker in it magically appeared in my driveway. I can't imagine what the airfreight bill was on that offset (the origin airport was Houston - imagine that). I wonder who's cooker I got.

Sorry to hear your having troubles. Sounds like you have some of my luck. I have never dealt with Lang but I imagine they will make things right. Good luck.

Unless you are physically at their plant, you will never know the real reason why they missed their commitment(s) to you. It sounds to me like they are simply BEHIND in production. Not an excuse, just a reality. This is the busy time of the year. They are not the only company/business that misses delivery commits. Call and ask to speak to Ben Lang and only him. Clearly let him know you are disturbed at how your order was/is being handled. Ask that he personally look into it and correct the situation, make it right. He's probably had to deal w/ this type of situation before and will do what's best for both parties. If you are not satisfied, then by all mean demand a refund, get your money back and move on. Good luck. I hope it goes well for you.

That stinks. I would use other language but I am trying to remember family friendly language. I know Lang charges a lot of money for their product and they owe you better than that. Heck I expect better service from traeger even though compared to a lang it is not expensive. I just got a new junior elite from them and I got to say the best I have ever been treated by a company ever. Always available to answer my questions. I only bought a junior elite and they still treat me like I spent a lot which for me I did and it makes them my choice in pellet grills. Anyways I would ask to cancel the order and if they get funny tell them to shove it and file a charge back. You pay for a smoker and for you and most people it is a lot of money and you should feel that you were taken care of. Speak with your money and don't give them any money.

Just to answer some peoples question I have not paid anything to date. Payment was going to be when I picked it up. I will call and speak with Ben today.

We ran into the exact same situation with Horizon last year. When I called them out on a promise they made my wife (after several failed delivery dates) the fella called her a liar. That was the deal breaker...... We had prepaid for the cooker and we immediately got a refund and went to Yoder and we are glad we did.

Just to answer some peoples question I have not paid anything to date. Payment was going to be when I picked it up. I will call and speak with Ben today.

Definitely talk with him. If he's the customer service oriented guy I read about he should take care of you. Let us know what happens...

I will absolutely guarantee your whining will not get you that Lang any sooner. CHILL OUT and think about cooking on it.

I will absolutely guarantee your whining will not get you that Lang any sooner. CHILL OUT and think about cooking on it.

Sure. You can easily say that when it's not YOUR MONEY!

I'd ask to speak to Ben himself. If that doesn't work, get your money back.

I've had nothing but great customer service from Lang, so I can't speak to what's happening now.

I will say that I don't think it's the fact that BillyCal has to wait for the smoker, it's that he's been told time and time again that it will be ready to pickup/deliver/whatever and then told he has to wait longer. Having gone through this recently with a business related manufacturer, it really makes me not want to ever do business with them again.

Seriously!?!? Im pretty sure if it was you in the OP situation you would be singing a different tune. He clearly is getting the runaround and came here asking for opinions on how to handle the situation at hand not to be called a whiner

I was just getting ready to order a Lang a few months ago. Then on this forum I ran across a thread on Shirley Fabrication. The thread said Paul was a fellow Brethren and he would talk to anyone about smokers if you bought from him or not. So i gave him a call and the rest is history. Mine is being shipped next week. I am so sorry for what is happening to you. I know what the anticipation is like when it gets so close to getting your cooker. I have seen on this forum that the people who have Lang's like them a lot. But there have been complaints about the service. If you end up not getting the Lang, try giving Paul a call at Shirley Fabrication. He is a top notch guy, and I have never heard a negative comment about him or his smokers. Good luck.

I was just getting ready to order a Lang a few months ago. Then on this forum I ran across a thread on Shirley Fabrication. The thread said Paul was a fellow Brethren and he would talk to anyone about smokers if you bought from him or not. So i gave him a call and the rest is history. Mine is being shipped next week. I am so sorry for what is happening to you. I know what the anticipation is like when it gets so close to getting your cooker. I have seen on this forum that the people who have Lang's like them a lot. But there have been complaints about the service. If you end up not getting the Lang, try giving Paul a call at Shirley Fabrication. He is a top notch guy, and I have never heard a negative comment about him or his smokers. Good luck.

Best advice yet.

A lot of people on here would disagree whole heartedly with this statement, myself included. In fact, I'd say you could get a better product for less money out of Tuscaloosa, AL.

I've looked at their site looks good have never heard of untill joined this forum have never seen one in person have been to the Lang
factory seen their process If I buy another I will take a look at Shirley's
Untill then I be cooking on a Lang Hot Dang.
pic below me and my bud picking up my Lang at the factory photo taken by Ben Lang Himself :clap2:

Attachments

• 20131111_132616 (1).jpg
    20131111_132616 (1).jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 211
Ben is a good guy, tell him all the brethren are waiting for the answer to this, a lot of potential customers here.

Its worth the wait and hassle, I love my Lang and wouldn't trade it for anything else.

Back