Just when you think you know all the Q joints...

Mikhail

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My Favorite Redhead and I stopped in to a local tavern - a haven for Cleveland Browns fans in Cincinnati, for those of you up nor'east - for a burger. We had never been there and only knew about it by passing by.

What should my eyes behold but a Brisket Burnt Ends appetizer! Burnt ends? In OHIO?!?! What wizardry is this....

Turns out they smoke all their wings, chicken, sausage, brisket, pork and prime rib in house. Have a smoked prime rib and a burnt ends sandwich too. A little bit of Texas hiding in Ohio.

I may have found a new spot. Not sure what equipment they have yet but I will find out.

http://www.luckydoggrille.com/Pages/Menu.aspx?DeptID=0

Last edited:
Well I went back today for lunch, got the three meat plate, brisket, pulled pork and pulled chicken. Pulled pork was pretty good. Brisket was nice and tender, pretty flavorful but no smoke flavor at all. I suspect injected and probably finished in an oven. Pulled chicken was meh. You ought to be able to get great smoke flavor into chicken.

I'd venture to guess that the weather had something to do with that. Probably couldn't get anybody to go outside and run the smoker. :shock:

Could be! I wonder though if they have an indoor smoker like Dickie's.

They have a pic of their smoker on the web site under photos, I can't tell what brand, some type of rotisserie/rotary. Looks like they also offer whole smoked turkeys.

Back