Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

He put this out there for all to see. If Jeremy wants the irresponsible speculation to stop he will finish his story. If not we will continue to guess. Don't want to be talked about don't put yourself out there.

Right or wrong i feel he owes us some closure here. We all took the ride and what a ride it was. We followed the ups and downs like a roller coaster not knowing a piece of track was missing around the bend.

Maybe there is a legal issue and he can't speak of it until the issue is resolved, if even then. Will just have to see what happens!

Not what I'm seeing but may give it another try on occasion. Meanwhile I found another blog (Grillinfools) just yesterday I get much more out of. Later.

That wouldn't happen to be your blog, would it??

1 - this is qtalk. An ONTOPIC FORUM. So, at the least, the posts removed were offtopic banter and were immediate candidates for scrubbing. But besides that.....

2 - the scrubbed posts were an uncalled for pissing contest all due to a typo or spelling error. So once the typo was corrected, the follow-up posts were no longer relevant or made sense, so we're scrubbed, which btw, included my posts.. also, evidently if a post is removed which had a thread subscription tied to it, the subscription gets cancelled too. We cant cancel thread subscriptions so it probably went with the scrubbed post.

And finally, mods decisions are final.. it's not worth questioning why a thread is scrubbed of offtopic banter especially when it's part of a pissing contest.

A former Prized Pig pitmaster has opened his own food truck business:

http://www.leaderpub.com/2017/02/24/prized-pig-carries-on-with-bbq-food-truck/

Neither the article nor the interview with the pitmaster reveals a thing about the restaurant's closure, like the issue was intentionally ignored.

Maybe I'm not up on all the technical terms but I've never heard of pork burnt ends.

One thing is good at least, that Jeremy appears to at least be somewhat OK as he or his wife were able to give permission to the former employee to sell their recipes and apparently operate out of their smoker and food truck. (Even if it wasn't outright sold.)

Maybe I'm not up on all the technical terms but I've never heard of pork burnt ends.
I've often thought of it as a cooking technique that describes the process: smoke, rest, cube, sauce, cook again. I make pork burnt ends from country style ribs or butt sliced up in strips. You can also do sausage burnt ends too

I know I haven't posted much (pretty much ANYTHING) in a while. Been incredibly busy, but reading so much on this site again lately.

So sorry and sad to hear about this. Hopefully you land on your feet.

Jeremy - You are missed, brother. Hope this finds you well.

Still appreciate you sharing the best dam pickle recipe I've ever used / had!

Although I feel it is in BAD TASTE (ha ha) to resurrect this thread, I concur with
Shadow Driver on the very simple Pickle Recipe.
This will be your LEGACY, Marubozo!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Here AGAIN is the Marubozo Refrigerator Pickle Recipe.
Jeremy's thread is what brought me here.
I have great respect.
This is a fantastic, easy pickle recipe -

Ok, just because the brethren are so damn awesome, here's my pickle recipe. This is my home sized recipe that makes two quart jars or so.

Ingredients
• 4-6 medium cucumbers, or 8-10 small pickling cucumbers
• 4 cups water
• 2 cups white vinegar
• 8-12 cloves of garlic
• 6 tablespoons of pickling/canning salt or non-iodized kosher salt
• A few sprigs of fresh dill, or substitute with 2 tablespoons of dill seed
• 1 teaspoon coriander seed
• 1 teaspoon celery seed
• 1 teaspoon mustard seed
• 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
• 2 Hungarian hot wax peppers

Directions

Start by bringing the water to a simmer in a saucepan. While the water is heating, peel the garlic. For a subtle garlic flavor, use 8 cloves (4 in each jar). Use more for a stronger garlic flavor. Leave the cloves whole. Once the water is up to a simmer you can add the garlic and cook for about five minutes. While the garlic is cooking, prepare your cucumbers by slicing into quarters lengthwise for spears, or cut thin chips. After the garlic has cooked for five minutes, add the vinegar and salt and bring to a boil until the salt is dissolved and then remove from the heat.

In two one-quart canning jars (wide-mouth jars work best for this) add the fresh sprigs of dill and remove the garlic from the pan and distribute equally in both jars. Then divide the remaining spices between the two jars. If you want a touch of heat, add one Hungarian hot pepper, halved lengthwise, to each jar. Next, take the cucumbers and pack them tightly into each jar. Bring the brine back up to a boil and pour immediately into both jars, filling very close to the very top so that the cucumbers are completely covered.

Let cool to room temp and then refrigerate overnight. They are really good after sitting overnight, but amazing after another day or two.

user_offline.gif

Pfffft - Who cares?

mchar69 took care of you.

More importantly, tell us how our Thai brethren enjoyed Marubozo's pickles!

Wow. What a story.

I read up to about the opening of the restaurant and was immediately intrigued & looked up the reviews on Yelp and Trip Advisor.

I always read the bad reviews even for the best rated restaurants and products, just to see if there's a pattern.

The pattern of complaints seemed to indicate cash flow problems. And sure enough, they are closed now...

My friends opened a restaurant, it closed in three years, and now ten years later they are still paying off the debts (bankruptcy was not an option). I know how difficult this business is, and it's sad to see yet another one go. Wishing the OP the best of luck.. this will be over.

Wow. What a story.

I read up to about the opening of the restaurant and was immediately intrigued & looked up the reviews on Yelp and Trip Advisor.

I always read the bad reviews even for the best rated restaurants and products, just to see if there's a pattern.

The pattern of complaints seemed to indicate cash flow problems. And sure enough, they are closed now...

My friends opened a restaurant, it closed in three years, and now ten years later they are still paying off the debts (bankruptcy was not an option). I know how difficult this business is, and it's sad to see yet another one go. Wishing the OP the best of luck.. this will be over.

There's a saying in the Food & Beverage business that; "The quickest way to have a million dollars in the restaurant business is to start with THREE Million and open a restaurant!"

That's why I prefer to do it with OPM!

Back