First time group feed

J

Jack2u2

The city had a BBQ for contractors, council people, etc. My buddy Rob and I cooked. About 40 people to feed. We did 2 briskets and 2 fattys (shoulda done more) on my UDS, 2 - 7.5 lb. butts on the WMS. Some Carolina style slaw, tater salad, beans rounded out the meal. Lots of compliments, so we were pleased. BTW, a 11.5 lb. brisket hit 200 in 4.5 hours. Caught me by surprise.

Nice! I've had some fast cooking Briskets on the drum that have caught me off guard too, I gotta approach it almost like a High Temp cook! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Ron - the thing sat @ 225 without a move. Put the brisket on at 3:00 am, and at 7:30, reading 200. Tender, moist....the other took another 3 hours.????

Wow that is fast I've never had one get to 200 that fast. Before I got a remote digital thermomter I would have not checked it until 6-6.5 hours.

Yeah - do tell about that brisket -
How long did you hold it before serving?

The brisket was choice - put it in the cooler and kept it there until 10:30. The smoker was down to 165 or so, and I put it back on the firm up a bit. As I said, moist, tender....whatever the deal was, at least it turned out good!

Wow, that was a fast brisket.

Looks like a great time was had by all.

Back