• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

• Christmas Ribs, Crayfish & Blue Crabs (Day 3) **Pr0n0graphic

Phrasty

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
So yet another day over the Christmas with nonstop smoking... This time it was a case of ribs and some seafood for a open house my mother and I were hosting.

Trimmed up the ribs and seasoned them with my own rib rub:
4045e16b.jpg

942e6fa9.jpg

Threw them on the smoker with some more lychee and logwood for smoke:
35521e94.jpg

7b46707d.jpg

No spritz, no foil just smoke and take them off as they pass the bend test:
c3816d18.jpg

731d0847.jpg

Coolered them up and took them over to the parents place:
3861d624.jpg

Of course not before sampling a couple ribs for myself!
0520e0ab.jpg

Once at the parents I had to sort out the crayfish and crabs. I boiled up some water with spices, corn, pepper and basically whatever I could find that I thought would work. and threw in the crayfish. They came out awesome!
d1db3ff1.jpg

Then I pulled out the trusty big wok to do the crab. I did about 30 lbs of these suckers! (it was a big open house!) :thumb: I did a garlic & a chinese style with black bean and hoisin:

Here's the garlic:
e63090ae.jpg

f698afcc.jpg

The spread was HUGE! Was working so hard I didn't get too much time to relax much less take pictures of all the food. All in all it was a great Christmas celebration! Probably had close to 100 people pass though during the night! :thumb: was good seeing old friends and family you don't see all that often!

Well thanks again for looking guys! Thats it for now. :thumb: More to come!
Cheers

Here are the other 3 threads for the rest of my 2011 Christmas Smokefest if you're interested! :Thumb:
Day 1
Day 2
Day 4

Wow! What the fark am I doing looking at these threads this time of the morning?:der: I'm making myself hungry!:hungry:

Beautiful ribs Phras, but the color of those Crayfish!!......begging me to reach into the screen and pluck one out!

WOW, that looks great.
That is very interesting wood you are using, lychee I believe.
Is that simular to our south Texas mesquite wood?
Thanks for sharing those awsome pics.

Three days of work - makes me tired looking at all the work you put in - and the food looks incredible!

Back