My first Competition

J

Jim W

Well i attend my first comp this last weekend which was a PNWBA event and to my surprise they can not tell me where I finsihed out of the 14 teams. The only thing they have decide was who was first, second and third in each of the categories and the GC and reserve champion.

I am having a very difficult time understanding how they can come up with this with out knowing my score. Is this normal or is the scoring for a bbq comp the same as a figure skating scoring system?

No, not normal. You should get all of your scores either at the end of the contest or within days afterward...

FBA give you a packet that has not just your scores, but every teams scores right after the awards ceremony.

Well so far it has been very dissapointing. Their are not a lot of competitions up in Canada so for me to go it is a lot of driving. this one in particular was just over 2400 miles return. I spent 4 days just driving then 2 days competing.

You should definately know your scores. If you do not know that how can you try to improve?

That system isn't the most common, but it's not that rare. It sounds like the same system that IBCA uses, or something similar.

I have never heard of that, but I would not be very happy either. Try a couple more comps, hopefully you have a better experienece at the next one.

Back