• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Corrugated Aluminum Awning Ideas/Photos Needed

Here are some pic's of the one I just had redone. It shows the construction and the way it's attached to the house. I did have flashing and shingles overhang the metal where it attached to the house.

2qd73ib.jpg

122yn8x.jpg

2jctt07.jpg

33xg7rd.jpg

Hope this helps. Good luck with the project.

I really need an awning like this with some bug screen !

I had a salvaged door awning that I set up free standing on 4X4s that works well. The comment about making it deeper is a good one. Don't want to stand in the drip line while tending the pit. The thing I did that worked out real well was to mount a 2 foot strip of plastic lattice along the back, then with S hooks I hang my tools, paper towels, racks, etc. Helps keep an unorganized person organized!

Only one critical comment on your proposed setup is ----Your smokers are too clean - get smokin:becky:

No way I'd send water back towards the house UNLESS you could mount a gutter against the brick and tie into the existing downspout.

I drew this...

-4' x 12' with 4x4 posts based on the existing 4' tin you have.
-24"x60" 1/2" plywood storage with a fold down door for the Weber to rest on.
-not to scale but close :biggrin1:

COOKSHACK-1.jpg

Wow would you come build it for me too ? :grin:
We do have drainage issue and flooding basements here. So it would not be draing back to the house.

I won't show you guys our covered flagstone patio (20 x40), recessed lights, speakers. Off limits to smokers since my offset will drip grease and ruin the roof with smoke.

"I won't show you guys our covered flagstone patio (20 x40), recessed lights, speakers. Off limits to smokers since my offset will drip grease and ruin the roof with smoke."

I understand. I built my area and promptly rolled the smokers outside. I'm now looking at adding on a small screen area with gravel so I don't mess up the new concrete. :wacko:

This has already been said, but I want to put in another vote for making the overhang more than 4 feet. If you are going to go to all the trouble of putting in a roof - you may as well have one you can stand under comfortably during inclement weather.

Back