• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
"only the unsafe dog sacrificed..." :confused:

CD

CD

Is sacrificed only the unsafe dog to mean that you constructed roast the cheese hot corn piece to was the anxious security not to be approved by general Tso, and the zoophagous army and the sacrifice will forgive you in the coming soon war from the death angel. You may also be any souz which happy does chef hopsing roast the cheese hot corn piece meatballs. :becky:

Is sacrificed only the unsafe dog to mean that you constructed roast the cheese hot corn piece to was the anxious security not to be approved by general Tso, and the zoophagous army and the sacrifice will forgive you in the coming soon war from the death angel. You may also be any souz which happy does chef hopsing roast the cheese hot corn piece meatballs. :becky:

Excellent clarification! :thumb:

So I take it you will be entering General Tso's Meatball Nachos for this TD?

Honey Apple-Balsamic Glazed Bacon Wrapped Italian-Seasoned Blue Cheese Burger Meatball in a can!

For this Throwdown, I figured I would make those Italian style meatball things that are wrapped in bacon. I'm not sure if there is any sort of name for them, but they are good, and perfect for this Throwdown.:thumb:

This recipe makes Nine Meatballs.

I started with some Burger, Blue Cheese, Onion Powder, Granulated Garlic, Italian Seasoning and Bacon.
r_IMG_1246.jpg

I crumbled up the Blue Cheese and added it to the meat along with the seasonings.
r_IMG_1248.jpg

Then I mixed it all together and rolled it out into Nine Meatballs. However, there was extra meat left over, so I made four more, making a lucky total of Thirteen Meatballs!:whoo:

Then I wrapped them in bacon. Even with the extraordinarily large number of meatballs (nearly 50% more than expected), I had some bacon left over (thank goodness).
r_IMG_1251.jpg

Then I cooked them until they looked like this.
r_IMG_1252.jpg

I made a glaze from two parts Honey and one part Red Apple Balsamic Glaze. For the plating, I used the lid from a can of Popcorn we got for Christmas.
r_IMG_1253.jpg

r_IMG_1254.jpg

r_IMG_1256.jpg

I'm not sure which picture to use just yet. I think this one has everything, so I'm sure General Tso will be pleased.:thumb:

CD

Better get yourself fixed in a hurry...none has to be safe after all.

Absolutely beautiful, Chris. I am a bit worried about the bleu cheese on those for the general though. I might just have to eat them before he sees them.... uh, you did save some for me, ... didn't you?

Blue Cheese and Bacon? Screw the General. Those have to be good!

General is not affirmative, if he will want the meatball to do with anything looks like likely the mildewy cheese. He will be afraid them to smell looks like his snake god army rotten flesh and blood. He likes the fact they are the bacon which wraps, and the hope sacrifices his life pig is the cow branch animal's friend and the identical destiny. He is they are not roasts the cheese hot corn piece meatball one little disappointed, but, because their Italian is truly unimportant. In brief, general gives you two commending. :thumb::thumb:

Chris, looks like you knocked those meatballs out of the park! Not only a great first entry, but one that's going to be hard to beat.

So, you have a combination of cow an pig in those meatballs. I wonder what kind of clever name we could com up with?

PIGOW

COWIG

BOSWINE

Ooooo, BOSWINE balls! :idea:

CD

May I Present to you......"D-Moinks"

First Throwdown entry!

May I present to you...."D-MOINKS"

IMG_0276.jpg

Started with 2 lb. of ground deer with beef added.

IMG_0277.jpg

Added Italian Seasoning, fresh ground pepper, salt.

IMG_0279.jpg

Sprinkled on some SM Cherry on all. HDD on a few to try for the first time!!

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

Ready for the smoke!

IMG_0282.jpg

On the performer with lid thermo reading ~300* One chunk of cherry wood.

IMG_0283.jpg

Ready for some sauce.

IMG_0284.jpg

Oh Baby!! :thumb:

IMG_0285.jpg

Nice Money shot for me. :becky:

Farking Meatball Throwdown :mad2:

Who had this bright farking idea anyway?
1106.gif

BBQ Meatballs Stuffed with Roasted Green Chilies & Oaxaca Cheese

This has been running through my head incessantly. :crazy:

Roasts the cheese hot corn piece
What could that mean??

Roasts the cheese hot corn piece is the plate which does with the maize meal thin wheat pancake chip and the melting cheese.
Hmmm.

In an attempt to quell the General's temper, and hopefully hold off his zombie troops....:shock:

I present:

BBQ Meatballs Stuffed with Roasted Green Chilies & Oaxaca Cheese
(aka meatloaf, nacho meatballs, SPOINKs)

Started with:

IMG_1031.JPG

P1070013.JPG

IMG_1037.JPG

Bacon
Ground Beef
Pork sausage
Hatch peppers
Serrano peppers
Qaxaca cheese
Tortilla chips
Hot salsa

First I needed to roast the chilies. In fact we will Fire Roast the chili peppers. Hear that General??
Fire Roast!

IMG_1033.JPG

\
IMG_1035.JPG

Let them cool slightly, then I ran them under cold water and the skin came right off, I also seeded them at this time.

P1070012.JPG

I chopped up the roasted chilies and the qaxaca cheese, and crumbled up the tortilla chips.

I needed a binder, and I could have used oil, I could have used eggs. I like to use mayonnaise.

All into the tub with the ground meats, some spices and salsa.

P1070014.JPG

Got it all combined well.

P1070015.JPG

Those pieces of white is the oaxaca cheese. :thumb:

Now prepare the covering of the first ball. This IS a ball throwdown right?

P1070009.JPG

Lay in the core of the ball.

P1070017.JPG

This first ball is for the international community and is my rendition of the soccer ball.

IMG_1040.JPG

Garlic there for size perspective.

Since we have a soccer ball, why not a football for the 'Mericans.

IMG_1044.JPG

Onto the kettle indirect with charcoal and a small cherry log for 1.5 hours, then sauced with my new bbq sauce in I have in development and let the sauce set.

P1070030.JPG

Cross section of "soccer ball"
P1070033.JPG

Cross section of "football"
P1070032.JPG

Plated with a salad topped with Mexican green onions.

P1070040.JPG

TD Shot
P1070034.JPG

Roasts the cheese hot corn piece..... with the maize meal .......and the melting cheese
Here is hoping that the General will be happy. :pray:

Back