• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

leather welding gloves

BigBellyBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Our local Harbor Frieght had welding gloves on special for 9.99 for a three pack. This is not a place to buy any type of tools, however these leather gloves serve the purpose for fire pitt duties and such..Last year I bought rubber tarp tie downs and they lasted 3 days and all 10 of them snapped..My friend bought a chop saw and motor burned up after 6 uses...They also have a heavy duty leather glove that did hold up also..

Funny, I buy almost nothing at Harbor Freight but I get welding gloves there too.

I buy all kinds of things there, never a problem.

I usually dont buy every day use power tools there, but for tools that wont see a lot of use I do.

I go to their website for reviews. They are very revealing on what is junk and what is not

Last edited:
The thing I like most about using welding gloves to tend fires and lift basket in and out of my UDS is when I'm welding, I always get a smell of the grease drippings and such.

I have bought lots of things from HF, and always get the warranty. The only time I've had to use the warranty was on an 18v cordless drill. It quit charging. Got it replaced and it has been working with problems for almost 2 yrs. I also have their Chicago electric brand 90 amp flux core and really like it for small jobs. My advice is to get the warranty on anything you buy there if they offer it.

The thing I like most about using welding gloves to tend fires and lift basket in and out of my UDS is when I'm welding, I always get a smell of the grease drippings and such.

I have bought lots of things from HF, and always get the warranty. The only time I've had to use the warranty was on an 18v cordless drill. It quit charging. Got it replaced and it has been working with problems for almost 2 yrs. I also have their Chicago electric brand 90 amp flux core and really like it for small jobs. My advice is to get the warranty on anything you buy there if they offer it.

I also have that welder. Works great as you said.

Only time I buy tools from HF is when I know I'll only need to use it once or twice or if there's no moving parts. I would never buy any type of power equipment from them.

I did by a mag-bowl that seems like it's pretty solid and what they call I think liquid safety gloves with sewn on full arm sleeves. I use them to clean my fishtank and they seem to do pretty good. I'd like to get a pair of their insulated rubber gloves for pork pulling purposes but I haven't yet.

Welders gloves also sound like a good idea for charcoal handling.

I got my floor jack there and it seems pretty solid. Also get my BBQ welding gloves there.

Ah, the "Bent Tool Store". As long as you know going in that the tool may only last a few times, it has very low prices. The welding gloves from there are perfect for BBQ but not very good for welding if you weld a lot.

I bought some welding gloves to use when grilling/smoking, but the liner ripped out of them in a few uses and I haven't replaced them yet. I buy their 5mm nitrile gloves by the box when they go on sale, and I have a chop saw that I use for cutting down wood into chunks and I haven't had a problem with it so far. I did buy the extended warranty for that, however.

I buy cut off wheels, some sandpaper and other disposables at HF. The one thing I like is their prices on rubber gloves which they tend to have on sale frequently. The best thing I have found is their rubber gloves come in sizes for those of us with big paws instead of "One size fits NONE".

RUDEMIX

I bought my weed burner propane torch there, for lighting my UDS and it works very well. The rest you get what you pay for. Bought a grinder, which I only use for wire brushing, and it gets hot quick, but works for small jobs

Ive got the welding gloves as well. Theyre holding up real well and I use them a lot. There are some gems at HF for sure.

I just bought one of those 17ft multi folding ladders from them for $119

the exact same ladder (same brand and model #) on Amazon is $179

I had no luck with the welding gloves- mine tore at the finger tips pretty fast..I do agree- some gems there such as hydraulics...They have a black friday car jack that is nice..too bad I already have a nice one.

Here are some of their black friday specials

Im definately picking up the walrus brisket slicer to replace my wushtof 14'' slicer.
hf3_zps8449cb8e.jpg

hf1_zpsa197121c.jpg

Back