• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

President's Day Pig Honey

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Cooked three racks of loin back ribs Monday afternoon. They were rubbed with Simply Marvelous Cherry (Excellent on pork, thanks Steph!) and cooked for awhile :becky: in the Cajun Bandit at about 300~315 using Kroger lump and a few hickory chunks. These were NOT sauced, but they sure do have a sheen! Served with smoked baked taters with buttah and sour cream.

ribs_zpsfe164626.jpg

ribs1_zpsba9f7910.jpg

ribs2_zps028c4a19.jpg

Still cookin' at Casa DeRedhot...

I'd Bob Brisket those!

I've kinda had ribs on the brain lately. Think I'm gonna have to scratch that itch soon!

Those look great Guerry! I sometimes forget that all of you throw down guys can make some great looking traditional BBQ too :p

Gorgeous! I have some SM Cherry coming today that I'm dying to try. Hope mine comes out half as nice as yours look!

Nice work. I enjoy a sauceless rib and those look very enjoyable.

Thanks Joe! That's a real compliment coming from you. Truth be told though, I never sauce my ribs.:wink:

I could sure use a rack of those about now. :hungry:

I pulled a you this week. Had ribs three nights in a row.:thumb:

Those look fantastic!

I've never smoked in the 300Fs range, but always down around 225-250F.

Pros / Cons? They sure do look tasty and tender... so I suppose that's not a concern...

Those look fantastic!

I've never smoked in the 300Fs range, but always down around 225-250F.

Pros / Cons? They sure do look tasty and tender... so I suppose that's not a concern...

Usually I cook in the 275F range. I wanted to see if I could shave some time off, so this was kind of a first run. They came out just as moist and tender pull off the bone as my usual ribs do, and the rub didn't suffer ANY ill effects to the higher heat either.

Those look Simply Marvelous, brother!

:becky::thumb::thumb: Your rubs can take a high heat cook, that's fer sure!

Impressive color and looks fantastic. Did you foil those during the cook?

Nope. I've never foiled a rib. Nor have I spritzed. This is Memphis, after all...:wink:

Back