• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My first brisket

Bucknbacon

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I did a brisket on my Akorn, it was just the flat, freaked out when it wen into the stall. Had to call my friend Landarc to help me out. The brisket came out tender and juicy.

Attachments

• IMG_0742.jpg
    IMG_0742.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 242
Great looking brisket!! Any friend of Bob's is a friend of ours.
Welcome to the forum. :grin:

Yup welcome. So many think brisket is difficult and I still to this day wonder why. Rub it with a basic salt and pepper rub with a touch of garlic if you want smoke it till it stalls foil if you want or not (I do only cause I like to add beef broth) then take it till it's butter probe soft. Wrap in a towel and into a cooler if you desire then slice and enjoy. I usually take the drippings from the foil and mix 50/50 with bbq sauce and use that as my sauce. Never ever had a bad one going this route. Yours looks fantastic! Nice work. Ps this is yer second post .....remember the great pizza you made?

Ya Skidder, not sure what happened. I posted this first then the pizza. Oh well, probably a rookie mistake.:redface:

Ya Skidder, not sure what happened. I posted this first then the pizza. Oh well, probably a rookie mistake.:redface:

Well I'll give ya this you my friend did a fantastic job on that flat. Most ppl have a tough time with a flat versus a packer....pizza looked great too.

I've cooked three of these puppies and have not reached anything that approaches consistent results. Your first try so absolutely delicious. I'm jealous. :redface: Well, not really - maybe a tad envious though.

Great looking brisket! Welcome! I notice you joined in January, first post today. What took you so long?

No excuse for taking so long to post. :oops: You'll be hearing a lot more from me!
!

You took the advice of that charlatan Landarc, it is a wonder you still have a house, that farke...wait...great brisket sir. Well done.

Looks fantastic! If Bob helped you with it, I'd expect nothing less, though. He's da man! :thumb:

started at 250 but when it went to the stall, bumped it up to 275. It was on the q for about 7 hrs then about 1 1/2 hrs wrapped in the ice chest.

Back