• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment Best Dam Barbecue Challenge - May 25th & 26th, 2012 in Boulder City, Nevada!

B

BC BBQ

Hello, Barbecue Challengers!

We've got just under a dozen spots left for the 8th Annual Best Dam Barbecue Challenge on Memorial Day Weekend (May 25th & 26th) in Boulder City, Nevada!

Our KCBS-sanctioned event has a $10,000 Cash Prize Purse with $2,500 going to the Grand Champion along with a trophy and free entry to the 2013 challenge. $1,500 and a trophy goes to the Reserve Grand Champion and cash payouts with medals (yay - first time EVER) for places 1 - 10 in the four individual categories.

Plus - we're having our first Challenger Only Raffle Prizes this year with a trip for 2 to the Grand Canyon and a professional full mascot logo redesign package (raffle entry is included as part of your competition fee).

We are the Nevada State Championship event, so a qualifying event into The Jack draw as well as the American Royal. We're also the first half of the Nevada State Championship BBQ event with Smokin' in Mesquite where you can win your share of $40,000 in prize money and the combined points total between Smokin' in Mesquite and the Best Dam Barbecue automatically wins an additional $3,000!

But most importantly - we're gonna have some FUN. The event is held parkside in Bicentennial Park - so green grass and tree shade make our event great - not to mention the car show, Family Fun Zone, Kids Que & Live Entertainment!

Both 20' wide spaces and 30' wide spaces (15' deep) are still available -- visit our website by clicking here for all our team information and you can view our confirmed competitors list (to date) by clicking here. We hope to see you in Boulder City on Memorial Day!!!

Attachments

• bestDamBarbecue2012Invitation.jpg
    bestDamBarbecue2012Invitation.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 41
  • bestDamBarbecueEventMap.jpg
    bestDamBarbecueEventMap.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 42
This is a great event! If I was still on that side of the country it would be on my schedule of cook offs.

If you are out that way and can get in I highly recommend it.

@Ranger J - thanks for the props! Maybe next year, eh?!

@Big Matt - PSYCHED! Will keep an eye on the p.o. box for sure and email you about your preferred location! Very excited about the number of new teams this year...it's amazing what a little social networking can do for a gal!

p.s. - this was my very first post on a forum, so I was really nervous about messing it up...thanks for the quick replies so I know I didn't screw it up! :)

Promises to be a good time. They are really doing a lot for the competitors. Bullpen will be there.

@Paul - Nice lookin' logo you've got there. Designed by the very folks who are donating the full mascot design for our Challenger Only Raffle, no less! And hey -- THIS will be exciting for everyone -- I placed the order for MEDALS today for 1st - 10th in individual categories. Yes, that's right...I said it. Custom-made medals for ya'll. Now I'm working on the GC and RGC trophies...4' and 2' respectively...cuz it's height that matters, right?! Hah! :)

According to Sin City Smokers it does. :clap2:

And I'm going to do Steve PROUD!! Especially since the new Nevada BBQ Association is going to host a party for all the teams on Friday night. I forgot to put that in my post...oh well, folks who read our crazy comments down this far will see it. PARTY on Friday!!! :)

Great little Blues Bar / Pool Hall about 1 block from the event. Last time I was there ( 2009) there was a large guy with a long black trench coat playing Stevie Ray Vaughn.

People from the town truly support the event and come out all night Friday and all day Saturday. If you don't have an RV, there is plenty of space to pitch a tent in the park.

Not like I've done a bunch of events but this was one of my favorites.

And I'm going to do Steve PROUD!! Especially since the new Nevada BBQ Association is going to host a party for all the teams on Friday night. I forgot to put that in my post...oh well, folks who read our crazy comments down this far will see it. PARTY on Friday!!! :)

Do CBJ's get to attend?

This is the first BBQ comp I attended, the first I judged, and the first I cooked. I love coming to Boulder!

As stated, the newly formed Nevada BBQ Association (NVBBQA) will be hosting a pot luck dinner for all the teams Friday night. Stay tuned for more info. Find us on Facebook facebook.com/NVBBQA Nevada Barbecue Association.

Do CBJ's get to attend?

Hey there! You know - I don't know the answer to that, but I'll definitely ask and post it back here. I'm going to see a bunch of them at the Sam's Club event this afternoon in Vegas. You can also send a message to them through their Facebook page at facebook.com/NVBBQA (but I'll still ask for ya).

I'm still waiting to get my hands on the Kids Que application - but I just emailed asking for it again....so I'll fast track that on the site as soon as I get it (yay - I'm the webmaster as well, so I have ALL that power to fast-track). I do know that it's going to be on Saturday at 2pm (check in at 1pm) and there will be two age groups (6-12) and (13-17). :)

Hey there! You know - I don't know the answer to that, but I'll definitely ask and post it back here. I'm going to see a bunch of them at the Sam's Club event this afternoon in Vegas. You can also send a message to them through their Facebook page at facebook.com/NVBBQA (but I'll still ask for ya).

I'm still waiting to get my hands on the Kids Que application - but I just emailed asking for it again....so I'll fast track that on the site as soon as I get it (yay - I'm the webmaster as well, so I have ALL that power to fast-track). I do know that it's going to be on Saturday at 2pm (check in at 1pm) and there will be two age groups (6-12) and (13-17). :)

As Cast Iron Chef pointed out, the original post said "for the teams," but I was inquiring more for local CBJ's who are also members of the NVBBQA. I'll be at Sam's Club tomorrow, too.

Thanks for the times of the Kids Que. I was hoping it was still Friday night like last year :oops:

As Cast Iron Chef pointed out, the original post said "for the teams," but I was inquiring more for local CBJ's who are also members of the NVBBQA. I'll be at Sam's Club tomorrow, too.

Thanks for the times of the Kids Que. I was hoping it was still Friday night like last year :oops:

Aaah (on the Friday night thing)...we moved it from Friday night so we could let the NVBBQA host the party. Plus - it was a little hard for some members of the public to participate last year because they have to get off work and get there in time -- so Saturday let more event guests be involved. - K

Back